Organic insect repellants: Cantharis, Ganja-Guru

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by cantharis, Jul 2, 2008.

1. 28g of soap in a liter?

2. Lol. Will this work for the roach empire that was establish under my coffee table?

3. great guide catharis and ganja guru! i was noticing some small holes in my leaves latley and caught a couple pests in the act, i am going to make both of these recipies either today or tomaro, thanks again!

4. okay 3 people asked if this soapy/garlic mixture was gonna affect the way your bud tastes and no has said anything... so the answer is yes?

5. well, i'd say as with anything u use on ur plants: it depends how long before harvest u do it, if ya don't flush at the end u'll most likely taste ur ferts too... so...

6. Thanks for the organic pesticide recipe! Just what I was looking for.:smoking:

7. Put small plate-like containers of beer about the base of plants.

8. how do you wash the plants before harvest on an indoor grow?

9. hey'all!
    I've done the garlic trick some times, as I have an ongoing relationship with aphids, but I always skip the soap thing, as it only serves as an aid to make the garlic mixture stick onto the leaves and petals.
    Regarding the garlic taste, it can stay on for something between two weeks and a month or so.. I guess depending on how potent the mixture.. but that's probably better than some other mean ass pesticide anyway.

amor y paz, sb

10. Ok, ok,....soap and pepper. For real though. WHAT ABOUT THEM M-F'ING ANTS!!! Who's got the no holes barred ant repellent. I've already lost a couple two foot PK's this year to them black bastards. Don't wanna lose the Durbans. Please help. It's swampy and the only problem is deer and ants. Indoor is doing great.

11. Here is a great trick for dealing with ants. Get yourself a box of grits at the store and put a little pile next to each plant. The ants will eat and carry the grits back to their hive and as they eat they basically explode. No I'm not kidding. Think about it what happens when grits get wet? They expand. It works.

12. What are grits ???

13. Here's a product that I found at my local Hydro store(ORGANOCIDE) by Organic Laboratories,Inc.Although my problem is some what different than yours this product claims to kill a wide variety of insects,eggs and or Larvae.Not sure about your "Deer" problem's though but perhaps some electrified wire.Good luck.

14. I have used this product with mixed results. I lost foliage on some of my er, well u know. Mites used more than one application and I am not sure they are all gone. This stuff smells like a nasty vagina. It seemed to get the job done tho. Human urine is supposed to deter deer. Deer can be fed by growing a small patch of clover or anything else they like to munch on. The problem with that though is deer will be attracted to the area that may otherwise not have been. Try pouring your piss around the growsite. Mark your territory.

15. grits are ground dried hominy boiled in water and eaten with salt and pepper and butter. polenta, if your familiar with it, is a corn version of grits just prepared different. i would say you'd find them in the cereal aisle at the grocery:yummy:

16. Some sad news. I solved the ant problem with this stuff called Tanglefoot. It's like a putty that stays put around the pot or stem and traps the ants. Unfortunately I used some organic deer repellent on my plants and they are all dead. The deer stuff had garlic and clove oil and stuff. I sprayed it on they were a couple weeks into flower and the tops were already frosty. Pk, what's better than some La pure kush. Stuff can go for like 800 1000 an ounce. Anyway, when I went back to water during this dry spell they looked like they'd been sprayed with roundup. If I could have done it again I used tanglefoot around the pot the plant was in and then I'd spread some of the herbal deer reppellent on the ground. DONT SPRAY UNLESS YOU KNOW U CAN USE IT ON MJ The stuff I used said organic, safe for fruits and veggies,...maybe so, but it killed me whole fuggin crop.

17. Some sad news. I solved the ant problem with this stuff called Tanglefoot. It's like a putty that stays put around the pot or stem and traps the ants. Unfortunately I used some organic deer repellent on my plants and they are all dead. The deer stuff had garlic and clove oil and stuff. I sprayed it on they were a couple weeks into flower and the tops were already frosty. Pk, what's better than some La pure kush. Stuff can go for like 800 1000 an ounce. Anyway, when I went back to water during this dry spell they looked like they'd been sprayed with roundup. If I could have done it again I used tanglefoot around the pot the plant was in and then I'd spread some of the herbal deer reppellent on the ground. DONT SPRAY UNLESS YOU KNOW U CAN USE IT ON MJ The stuff I used said organic, safe for fruits and veggies,...maybe so, but it killed me whole fuggin crop.
    Go grow some hairy lobsta clawz, to pull in dem hairy clams and simmer down dem hairy nutz OMG, No freaking way man,Damn bro,Holy hell, that total sucks.I didn't even want to hear you lost your baby-girl's bro.I seriously feel for you. That's like losing a kid in my book.Hopefully you can at least salvage a clone or so.Good luck my friend. :(

18. what ever happened to neem oil? it is an extract from the neem tree--- organic enough? soap is synthetic my friends... whatever perfume is in the soap will end up on or leaves. this clogs the "pores" of the leaves. IF YOU DO DO THIS, make sure you rinse your foliage with straight water... this kinda concerns me that people are doing this... not to offend original poster---:smoking:

19. if u look at most instructions on neemoil bottles; they usually recommend adding a bit of soap to act as a sticking agent on the foliage, and they also recommend to rinse the day after ( i prefer to always rinse the next day, no matter what ive sprayed on my plants)

20. great thread man! ill def be making some of this up for this seasons grow ;)