Organic Hydro?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dokken6996, May 29, 2008.

1. I Recently Purchased The Marijuana Horticulture Book By Jorge Cervantez And It Talks About Growing Hydroponically Using Organic Nutrients. I Am Interested In This Because I Just Made A Pvc Flood And Drain System. It Speaks Of Using Balance Fertilizers Such As Foxfarm, Which Is What I Have. By Organic Foxfarm They Mean The One Made For Soil Right? Well I Was Also Reading That In An Organic Hydro System U Can Fun Just Straight Water And Feed Each Plant Medium From Up Top Every 3 To 4 Days. So If I Was Using Peat Pellets Would This Be Possible? What About Rockwool Cubes. I Just Dont Have The Money To Go Buy Another 40 Dollar Fertilizer For Just A Hydro Experiment. So Would Using Peat Pellets Or Rockwool Cubes Work For This Situation And Would My Foxfarm Soil Nutrients Work For This?

2. top! anyone?

3. The hydro section will probably get your question answered with greater detail and more responses. The Hydro section can be found in the advanced growing techniques section.

4. dont use peat pellets, use Rapid Rooter plugs

5. yes it is possible to grow hydro organics I like to call it "Hydroganic" But as you said you already have your nutrients, But in the future I would suggest using Botanicare organic nutrients for your hydro system , they are much better for hydroponic use and very effective.

6. thanks for the replys. what im going to do is just stack 2 2 by 2 rockwool cubes on top of each other so the roots will grow through. im using a 2 liter ebb and flow system. so im worried about the nutrients soaking through the rockwool or leaching out and going back to the resevoire when it is flooded. ive read on most sites that you cant let the nutrients soak back into the resevoire because the will react with organisms or something. is this true or should i mix the nutrients in with the resevoire water?

7. so ya theres a thread right next to yours with pics of a hydro organic grow...
    might wanna take a look

8. thanks i took a look and i still didnt find the answeres to the last few questions i asked..