Organic Growers... I am ready. Show me the way.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Enuff4All2Share, Mar 25, 2008.

1. I have a couple of nice simple bagseed grows under my belt and the next seeds I sprout are going to live in a non-chemical world. I want to make my own organic feeding regimen consisting of a pre-mix soil additive and some sort of soluable nutrient, like manure/guano tea or something. I'm all ears, so show me what ya' gots!

E4A2S

2. You are asking politely, but you will likely get better response if you come to the table with some of your own options. Searching, thinking, rethinking, searching again, etc. etc. Thats what I did before I asked my first question.

All ears is good, but solid self-directed research is good too.

Good luck!

3. I don't feel the need to tread on egshells here...

I don't feel the need to impress, nor do I want to try and show how pro I am. I know what I want and I asked for it. I want to try some pre-mix soil additives (probably a mix of bone and seed meal, lime and kelp meal, although with the sweet leaf, I don't know if I want the lime...) to plant the girls in, and a few different teas to add nutrients later in the grow. This isn't vague. It isn't full of profanity. And I'm not bloody asking how much I can expect to yield (GAWD!). While your info was well intended and polite enough, please save your advice on effective postings for those who are challenged. I asked the question I wanted to ask.

4. KICK HIS E-ASS!! lol pulling up a chair. i'm doing a small organic grow here soon.

5. I'd use either blood meal or fish emulsion for your nitrogen. Just one or two single doses during the whole life of the plant since they are both so strong and can burn..

I use this stuff called 'Open Sesame' from fox farm which has all the micros and tons of phosphorus and potassium to get your baby producing flowers earlier and longer. Not to mention its totally organic and it dissolves without stirring!

My fave for flowering ntrient has to be the indonesian bat guano. It mixes really well with open sesame (and it kind of looks like blood mixed... METAL!) to dense up your buds and give a great taste. Not to mention it is cheap as hell compared to the open ses.

If you are interested ill throw up my regement... this shit is cheap ($70 for a gallon of fish emulsion, a pound of open sesame, and 11 lbs of guano) and i have done four small grows and my shit isn't even half gone yet... Organic is so the way to go!

6. a long way to say 'shutup and answer my q'

7. It's not that you need to impress, but you do look a little lazy (not challenged) for doing no research...

You'd probably save a ton of time if you just use the damn search button. Who'da thunk that maybe a section on indoor growing might contain a few threads about fertilizing regimens/recipes.

http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/201102-organic-vs-regular-ferts.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/125529-using-compost-guano.html

Look I found you a few threads to start with.

Plus I would read some of mister postman's grow journals, if just for inspiration.

8. lol Im on his side.. so many retards here reply to people posting and say look for your self... isnt the point of all these threads is to ask questions get help share ideas?? I believe so I mean if it was a question like how much can I yeild off this??? yeah thats a pretty dumb questions ... some people now a days!

9. yeah but your missing the big picture pal. your not the first person to try and grow, your not the first person to ask "that" question, your not the first person to try "that". so it has all been covered a million times, so it gets damn annoying answering the same questions over and over again. if you do a simple search you will find a ton of threads covering the same thing you just asked.

and not searching just shows how lazy you are, and that you want everyone else to do the work for you. and because of that, your grow is most likely going to be worthless, because your too lazy to do anything on your own.

where do you think all the info comes from? some big computer? no, it comes from people that have done their own research and have fantastic grows.

so do some of your own research, it will pay off in the end.

10. Don't worry man I see this a lot, But most of the time its the people who can't give you a solid answer who tell you to search.

Here is a list of my Organic soil ingredients and Organic nutrients I use with great success.

SOIL: 2 bags Organic compost
    1 bag peat moss
    1/2 bag perlite
    1/2 bag vermiculite
    1 bag pumice dust
    6 cups bat guano
    6 cups worm castings
    4 cups bone meal
    2 cups lime

NUTRIENTS: Fish emulsion 5-1-1
    Bat guano 0-5-0
    Maxi-crop liquified seaweed
    Molasses
    Epsom salt

Do research, but never feel afraid to ask a question, I have read many of the older threads and stickies on certain subjects and I realized half of them dont't know what the fuck they are talking about, so some times you must start a new thread or send a pm to get the right answer. Best of luck to you and your grow.

11. there's no reason to tell him a recipe unless he's going to do research first. because he wont understand why those ingredients are in there and why at those amounts. so if something goes wrong in the grow, he wont know what to do, he wont know whats doing what, and what to change. and all he's ever going to do is ask everybody else what to do. and of course this website wont have all the info you need, but it is called the world wide web for a reason, there are plenty of other sites out there with a shit load more info on them.

the only reason i don't feel comfortable telling people how to grow their plants, is because they wont understand why you do what you do and add what you do, unless they research the facts themselves.

12. That has some truth, but some people need interaction to learn this why we have teachers, if we were all forced to learn independently most people would fail completely.

I find it more productive to share and attempt to help rather then bitch and moan about a simple question. At least he is making some effort to gain knowledge of growing unlike most of these assholes who grow terribly and think they are pros who know it all.

I agree some research is in order, but the research material would not exist unless someone asked a question in the first place.

13. at least were on pretty much the same note.

i admire your help in this catagory, but if he were to try and follow your recipe without an understanding knowledge of what all the functions of each ingredient are, then his grow would be a total disaster.

but with your help and a little of his own research, he could have a great grow.

your right it does take a little bit of both, help from others and doing your own research.

14. I really wasn't intending on stirring up so much emotion with my initial response.

I'm certainly not a jaded old-time grower. In reality, I am a very inexperienced first timer. I know very little, but I take pride in the fact that most of what I've learned I've learned quietly through self-directed research.

I greatly appreciate the help I have received, but I only ask after I have looked at several sources (at least 5 different sites), and filtered that found info through my own common sense (what little I have).

I guess I'm too old school, or hardcore, or stoic, or just plain assholish, or whatever. As a new poster, it probably wasn't my place to give my opinion anyway. I didn't intend for it to be so upsetting.

My way is definitely not the only way (thank god). To each his or her own, live and let live etc...:bongin: lets just relax and get fuckin' stoned anyway!

15. First off, thank you to those who actually answered to the theme of this particular thread.

Secondly, I thought both headless hornet and I wrote polite, to-the-point messages to each other.

Third, who said I haven't researched? I have taken some post-secondary horticulture courses (passed with Flying Colors!), but I don't expect you to know that, now do I? I have also looked into various recipes online, and they have followed similar veins - soil additives (most sources called it an organic premix and contains a mix of bone and seed meal, lime and kelp meal), teas - made with guanos and other water soluable nutrient sources; and fish emulsions seemed to be what I saw repeatedly. But my problem is that these recipes are posted and left... there is no interaction or ongoing communication to draw upon. Many aren't related to the topic of sensimilla farming, so do the same things apply? For example, I know that cannabis prefers an acidic soil, so do I really want to add any dolomite lime (an alkaline). After a enough of this, my thought was that Grasscity is online for a reason, and this seemed to be it.

I did an innitial search through the archives, but rather than revive an old thread, I decided to start anew. Let's face it, topics are going to be repeated in an online forum, especially one as sexy as some good, earth-grown buds. I didn't see anything recently, so hey - I thought the time was right.

Look... my panties aren't in a bunch or anything. We have to look out for our forums or they quickly get overgrown by crapilly crapped crap. But sometimes an entry is really just an honest question looking for a thought-provoking answer.

Love,

E4A2S

16. it's good to hear you have done some research. for future reference you will get better responses by asking exact, specific questions. rather than just simply asking, i want to do an organic grow, what do i do? i'm not saying thats what you asked exactly, but pretty close. that post you just made about your research, what you found and what lacked information, would have been a great first post in this thread.

17. Have you read my first post? (edit. If you haven't...)

I have a couple of nice simple bagseed grows under my belt and the next seeds I sprout are going to live in a non-chemical world. I want to make my own organic feeding regimen consisting of a pre-mix soil additive and some sort of soluable nutrient, like manure/guano tea or something. I'm all ears, so show me what ya' gots!

E4A2S

I asked - specifically - what people use for premix and tea. I didn't feel the need to outline how much research I had put in prior to asking, or give a bibliography of my sources. I don't feel the need to justify this simple question any further. I've read posts by yourself, and I don't feel your insights have been profound enough for you to judge me, yet at one point in this thread you were actively detering the free flow of information from others because you had deemed me "lazy" and "worthless"... someone who just hadn't done his research. Well, did you do your research on ME before you decided to educate others on who I am and what I'm worth? I guess I think you have picked a battle that needn't be. I'm not ignorant, nor have I posted as if I were. Drop your attitude on me or go pick on someone else for grammar or something equally as petty. I don't have the patience for this anymore...

Peace,
    E4A2S

18. hahaha i tried to give you respect for doing research, and trying to help you to get better help in the future. but you still seem to be an arrogant ass.

and here read it again, "I have a couple of nice simple bagseed grows under my belt and the next seeds I sprout are going to live in a non-chemical world. I want to make my own organic feeding regimen consisting of a pre-mix soil additive and some sort of soluable nutrient, like manure/guano tea or something. I'm all ears, so show me what ya' gots!"

"i'm all ears, so show me what ya' gots!" nice.

your not asking anything specifically.

i simply already stated i was ill informed, and jumped to conclusions about you, and reconized that you had done a little bit of research. you my friend are very ignorant, i have not had an attitude on this board for months because i already learned that there are always going to be people that ask the same things over and over again. and to say that my insights aren't profound enough to judge you?

and if you weren't to busy trying to hold your pride high in the sky, you would have actually read my first post and realized i wasn't even talking to you. and the "worthless" part was refering to a lazy mans grow, not a human.

and in my last post i simply let you know how to get better responses out of people on this board. open your eyes, and stop trying to be an alpha male

19. I noticed on hashmouf's recipe (thanks + rep for that, by the way) he calls for lime. Do people prefer dolomite lime or calcitic lime, or a mixture of both? I guess dolomite lime contains magnesium and calcium, where calcitic lime delevers more readily available calcium. Opinions, anyone? Joxter? This is, after all, why I came here.

E4A2S