organic full cycle mix

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by definatlynotagrower, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Hi guys I recently discovered teas and organic compost mixes. Im in the uk and I would like to do an all organic grow because it appears to be a lot easier than anything else for a first grow.

can anyone give me a list of products I will need and roughly how much I can expect to spend to get a premium home blend :D thankyou for your time.

2. I personally do DWC systems, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt. I think it would be easier to buy it from a hydroponic store. That way you do not put too much organic matter in the soil. You must also understand that it takes a while for organic matter to breakdown in soil and to release the nutrients for your plant. I would recommend putting perlite in your grow medium. It will help your roots get more oxygen, so when you water you will not compress the soil too much and suffocate the roots.
    Invest in pesticides. You could get fungas gnats when doing soil grows. I always got those little buggers..
    Remember that the "easier" a grow is, it could sacrifice quality & yield.
    If you do want to put more time and effort into a grow, I would recommend coco coir with advanced nutrients.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Although I do agree with the rest of your post, a hydro shop is probably the worst place to look for components to build an organic soil with, with the exception of maybe perlite.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Usually some hydroponic stores sell organic soil. The shop I go to is owned by two friends who have been growing together for years. They produce their own organic blend.

5. If you want to grow in organic soil it is more advisable to mix your own, I doubt a hydro shop will even carry all that is needed, let alone have competitive prices.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Organics is definitely not easier than a Hempy or drain to waste coco setup. Coco is about as easy as it gets if you setup an autofeed system and use cheap hydro nutes. That said, it’s still chemical fertilizer. I love my coco but am returning to the organic side for awhile. I’ll post my recipe for supersoil, which I’ve adapted into my Royal Gold Tupur to make “Super Tupur” for organic drain to waste with straight water in my res and top dressing amendments as fertilizer.

1/3 peat mix (I like sunshine advanced mix #4) 1/3 compost (ewc and chicken manure), and 1/3 aeration (pumice, Perlite, rice hulls, whatever)

1 cup per cf (7.5 gallons) of each amendment

Kelp meal
    Alfalfa meal
    Neem seed meal
    Feather meal
    Fish bone meal
    Oyster shell flour
    Crab shell meal

1/2 cup per cf of guanos

Seabird guano
    High N guano
    High P guano

1.5 cups per cf of rock dusts and Biochar

Glacial rock dust
    Basalt rock dust
    Biochar

You’ll find that a water only soil grow is lacking in the density of the final product but the use of Aptus Supplements has been providing that hydro boost for me this run and they’re organic too

Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

7. Not saying you’re wrong, I’m learning myself but I thought guano was better used as a top dressing or whatever? As it’s fast acting, thoughts on that?

8. Guano is very slow acting and best to be used as an amendment. Organics is tough. I’ve been growing in various organic mixes for about 5 years and nothing ever compares to Hydro, whether it’s drain to waste coco or hempys. I don’t do dwc as it’s too much maintenance and I leave for vacations but the other two methods are almost as fast with a killer yield

9. I just did three clones from same mother. Two in organic supersoil, vegged for 4 weeks and finished in 3 gallon pots.

The third clone was in 3.5 qt of pure Perlite Hempy.

The supersoil plants vegged better than the Hempy, but the Hempy crushed the soilnplants in flower and will yield the same as both soil plants, maybe a little less.

Hydro in whatever form will always be better than soil in density, potency, and yield