Organic fertilizers and advice?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Mikered1991, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Hello everyone! I have heard many age old tricks and traditions when it comes to compost and fertilizers. Was curious what everyone else has used, what seems to work and what doesn't.

I am currently using a coffee ground and eggshell fertilizer and I have used egg shell tea on tomato plants But was going to let some steep to try on my 2 babies. Also I have heard about using whole milk mixed with water provides a good source of calcium.Has anyone ever used any of these methods? Any other all natural mixtures anyone would like to share would be greatly appreciated... Lets legalize instead of believing
    LEGAL LIES!!!

2. Soaking crushed eggshells in equal parts white vinegar will give you liquid calcium phosphate. Would probably alot faster than water.
    Cant speak on milk very much.... other than from my observations, it increases trichome production in the flowering phase.

Feel free to ask more questions here, might get a faster response
    Need Help With Organic Liquid Fertilizers?

lovin u (=

3. Wouldnt that be extremely acidic?

4. You only use the stuff @ 1T/gallon, AND it's meant to be used for foliar application...

CalPhos

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ive never fried mine, like that link says to do. I would imagine heating them up at all, would result in less concentration of the calcium and phospherous, though probably more clean and sterile. Any thoughts?

lovin u (=

6. I pretty much make all my fertilizers. I do fermented plant extracts(FPE's) with nettle, comfrey and horsetails, harvest and dry my own nettle/horsetail meals, even do powderized versions too. And compost/worms.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Do u use molasses or brown sugar or something else?

lovin u (=

8. Molasses, organic cane sugar, piloncillo, brown sugar. They're all pretty much interchangeable :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Egg shells blended with cofee grinds, washed banana peels (coated with pesticide for spiders & snakes), milk at 1:4 ratio w/ water...the banana peels will make your leaves reach for the sun w/in 1 hr of feeding..amazing

Sent from my SM-G920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. Turn that milk into Lactobacillus serum and it works even better ;)

11. #12 waktoo, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2016
    If memory serves, the heating process denatures the protein complexes that make up the collagen which house the calcium carbonate and calcium phosphate, essentially increasing the molecular surface area available for the vinegar to do its work, thereby INCREASING the concentrations of calcium and phosphates. It also destroys the proteins contained in the albumen and any residual yolk. If appreciable amounts of protein are left intact when the vinegar is added, it increases the risk of the mix going bad during storage. You want it sterile. This isn't a microbial fermentation process like most FPE's are... If any of the wrong kinds of anaerobes are present and have proteins to feed on, they'll provide the wrong kinds of fermentation and turn your "sweet supplement" into poison...

This concoction is generally meant to help fruiting/flowering plants transition from the veg' state to flower. Apparently this transition is stressful to plants due to the metabolic shift that takes place between stages. Using it as a foliar application allows for direct uptake by the leaves, right where it will be used by the plant, the object being to deliver the essential elements needed by the plant during this stressful transition time. If used as a soil drench, it costs the plant more "sweat equity"/energy in order to move it from the soil to the leaf...

• Like Like x 4