Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Organic extra Virgin Olive Oil + da Herb (pics)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SusquehannaWT, Aug 1, 2011.

1. ok so about 3 weeks ago i strained roughly an eigth of Dnk stems into about 1 or 2 ounces of Organic extra Virgin Olive Oil. I then proceeded to add more Dank Buds to it over the next 3 weeks.
    Here is what it looks like now. there is a tea bag with the bud that I've added, and a few stems in it. And there are a few stems in the oil. The eighth of stems was mixed around and then thrown away.

[​IMG]

---Color of oil---
    [​IMG]

So i guess i wana ask, would this work if I just threw it in a small portion of pancake batter and made like 4 pancakes for myself?

or Do i need to put it in the Oven first like many recipes?

Any help would be appreciated as this is my first edible :), even other ways to use the oil!

2. Marijuana needs to be heated in order for the THC to be released, and absorbed by that fat in the oil. Putting in in there for a period of time won't work unless you heat it, and then use it in whatever product you would like, but don't heat it to high or you'll destroy the THC. I don't know how hot it should be since I don't normally mess around with edibles. :wave:

3. This is true, but not completely. Im fairly certain that over an extended period of time, that it will work. Three weeks sounds about right, but i have really no idea.

Alex, think of a tincture. You place weed in a high percentage alcohol and leave it for a matter of months. No heating required and youre left with THC infused alcohol. Since oil can absorb THC in the same way, then this method should work as well. It just whether or not three weeks is long enough.

Give it a try OP, then come back with your review:D

4. hah thanks guys. im gonna see what i need to heat it to

5. just a quick suggestion, I believe you can use a crockpot. It's cheap and apparently it works like a charm! Good luck with the edibles :)

Common0ne