Organic Bedroom Grow (40 Plants)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MusicMan76, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Hello Cleveland!!!!

I mean grasscity!!!!!

My name is well, musicman76, and this will be my first effort at creating a grow journal for the enjoyment of you the fans! I just moved into a new condo and finally have a 2nd bedroom to grow in. Over the next few weeks I will be detailing all the techniques I am using and taking pictures as well starting when my seedlings break the soil!

Speaking of seedlings first of all I want to thank Attitude Seed Bank for making the purchase of my seeds effortless and fast!

Ok so now for what you've all be waiting for the details!

My plan is to have 4000W of light in this bedroom and to divide it into a veg flower side-by-side and just do constant production. I live in Colorado so this is a LEGAL grow, read it again LEGAL LEGAL LEGAL! Got it?

As of right now I have a total of 1 piece of equipment, a 55-Gal drum for a water tank which I bought for 35$. Tomorrow I will be picking up 2 1000W lights, digital ballasts, some t5's, heating Mat, clone tray and dome, soil, and a RO system. Thats also something I will be including is the price I paid for all the equipment. Maybe this will help you, the reader, when looking at new or used equipment and see how it effects my grow before using it on your own!

Seed List: (as in currently germinating)
    Barney's Farm - Red Cherry Berry (4 Seeds, Fem)
    Barneys Farm Red Cherry Berry Feminized

World of Seeds Freebie - Northern Lights x Big Bud (1 Seed, AutoFem)
    World of Seeds Medical Collection Northern Lights x Big Bud Feminized

Samsara Seeds Freebie - Sweet Black Angel (1 Seed, Fem)
    Samsara Seeds Sweet Black Angel Feminized

Barney's Farm - L.S.D. (4 Seeds, Fem)
    Barneys Farm LSD Feminized

BC Bud Depot - God Bud (4 Seeds, Fem)
    BC Bud Depot Seeds BC God Bud

G13 Labs - Pineapple Express (4 Seeds, Fem)
    G13 Labs Pineapple Express Feminized

Serious Seeds - Kali Mist (4 Seeds, Fem)
    Serious Seeds Kali Mist Feminized

G13 Labs - White Widow (4 Seeds, Fem)
    G13 Labs White Widow Feminized

G13 Labs - Blue Venom (4 Seeds, Fem)
    G13 Labs Blue Venom Feminized

Delicious Seeds Freebie - Cotton Candy (1 Seed, Fem)
    Delicious Seeds Cotton Candy Feminized

Delicious Seeds Freebie - Black Russian (1 Seed, Fem)
    Delicious Seeds Black Russian Feminized

Samsara Seeds Freebie - Green Love Potion (1 Seed, Fem)
    Samsara Seeds Green Love Potion Feminized

Samsara Seeds Freebie - Crazy Miss Hyde (1 Seed, Fem)
    Samsara Seeds Crazy Miss Hyde Feminized

World of Seeds Freebie - Sugar Mango Ryder (1 Seed, Fem)
    Can't find link sorry :confused:

So now you may be asking where the other 5 plants are, actually there are more than 5 more plants. I'm going to be looking for the most favorable looking plants and culling the rest (either killing them or selling to others) and to replace them I will be gathering clones from some the dispensaries I go to. I will post that list in 2 weeks when i have the clones.

I will be growing using soil and the FloraNova series from GH, following this chart except for flush which will be only water.
    http://generalhydroponics.com/site/gh/docs/feeding_sched/GH-FloraSeries-DTW-Charts.pdf

The soil I will be using is Roots organic and smart pots once they get there. I am doing the paper towel technique to germinate and then will transplant into cups tomorrow or the next day (3/4/12 - 3/5/12). I also use Black Strap molasses from Whole Foods in the water 1 Tbsp per Gal mixed out of the tank before watering and feeding.

Thats all I can think of to write tonight feel free to ask any questions!

2. Reserved for Edits

3. Sounds good man. I'll be watching for the kali especially.

4. hello fellow clevelander :wave:

your pics are not working :confused:

cant wait to see the plants!

-OSUB

5. I have not posted pics yet as they are still seeds. Once I get some green above the soil I will start taking pictures! Thanks for the reply's!:hello:

6. Ok, so day 2! What a day.

Lets start with a small explanation, part of what I'd like to accomplish with this journal is appeal to beginners and people with experience alike. I will be posting things the way that I do them and encourage feedback on alternate methods, however I will be explaining step by step (call this a grow for dummies) most of what I am doing.

So Paper Towel Germination method:

Materials:
    Paper Towel
    Water
    Ziploc Sandwich bags
    Seeds (duh)

Procedure:
    1. Fold paper towel so that it will fit into Ziploc sandwich bag.
    2. Wet paper towel
    3. squeeze out excess water (not to dry now fellas!)
    4. Place in bag and seal
    5. put into dark place
    6. wait 24-72 hours

So easy a Stoner can do it!

So today I went to the grow store (Way To Grow - Colorado's Source For Indoor Organic Hydroponic Gardening Supplies - Way To Grow) and bought:

T-5 Light: The 4ft by 6 lights one, was $209.95 - paid $181.65.

Seedling heat mat: The 4 tray size (I think its 2x4ft.) MSRP $79.95 - paid $78.76.

Soil: (I use Roots Organic Original) MSRP $14.99 - paid 10.99

Digital thermostat: to keep the soil warm for the seedlings but not to hot MSRP 39.95 - paid 35.78.

Nutrients: (Again I use FloraNova, the simple drain to waste method)
    15$ Grow
    15$ Bloom
    30$ Floralicious plus
    ??$ Liquid Koolbloom (can't remember sorry guys!!!)
    ??$ RapidStart (same thing)

Blue Ph pen: 94$

Trays: 3.98$ x 4 trays.

Misc.
    Mixing Pitcher
    Syringes with mL marks on them.
    Ph Up
    Ph Down

Ok enough of the boring stuff lets see some action!!!!
    Clone room.jpg
    Cups cut.jpg

OMG ITS SO AMAZING!!!!
    lol ok, so I will be using that closet space as my clone room and there you can see the light is hung (yes 4 bulbs are not working way to grow is replacing them for me tomorrow) and the heating mat and trays are how it will look.

The second picture is growing for dummies subject number 2

Making a Seedling Pot!

Materials:
    Old Red Party Cups aka pick up after last nights party (Wash well!!!!)
    Razor
    Patience

Procedure:
    Come on if you can't figure this out I recommend you get a friend to grow for you!

Tomorrow I will put the seeds in the soil and water lightly! I will take more photos tomorrow and slowly this thread will get more exciting.

7. dam dude thats alot of money lol.

8. OK so day three, ready for pictures?!?!?!
    Seeds still aren't ready for soil. I'm guessing while I was waiting to germinate them, they got to cold so its taking them all a little longer than normal to sprout. I can see the tap roots coming out I just don't feel comfortable putting them in soil yet.

Sorry guys, I'll put em in dirt tomorrow!

9. Day 7

SO just a quick update with some pics. Got 35 of 37 seeds to come up and start growing in the soil. 1 of the 2 that died I broke (oops) and the other was a dud. The casualty's were 1 LSD plant and 1 Kali Mist. The LSD doesn't make me to sad, it's such a great yielding plant that I doubt I will miss 1, however the Kali being one of the more expensive seeds I got plus the fact that its an amazing smoke and still somewhat low yielder makes losing it hurt =\

2012-03-09_08-42-26_422.jpg

2012-03-09_08-42-37_628.jpg

2012-03-09_08-42-43_248.jpg

2012-03-09_08-42-49_160.jpg

2012-03-09_08-42-57_469.jpg

AHHH the finger of doom!

Have a good one guys I'm off to work. I'll post again on Monday.

10. Not the Kali!!

11. Hello everyone.

Time for another update, all the little seedlings are looking good except for three. They seem to have some brown spots on them? I am think it might be either nutrient deficiency or maybe a burn from the light? I don't know so any help would be appreciated. Gonna start feeding them today following the GH guidelines for Drain to waste. http://generalhydroponics.com/site/gh/docs/feeding_sched/GH-FloraNova-DTW-Charts.pdf

Seedlings 3-13-12.jpg

Seedlings(2) 3-13-2012.jpg

12. fuck only if i had a spare room in my house!

13. Hello everyone,

Sorry for not updating sooner, just not much going on right now in the grow. I did get 6 Blue Berry clones, 4 Jack Flash, and 4 Purple Dragons. Still trying to find Blue dream clones and Flo clones here in the Denver area! I do have some pics for you, and a pic of my new ash tray =D

3-17-12 (2).jpg

3-17-12.jpg

14. Hey guys,

So tell me honestly what this thread needs? I see all these other grow journals with 50,000 views and shit and I'm wondering what I can do to make this more entertaining to everyone!!! Is it just that my girls need to grow up a bit before people become interested?

Anyways, I'm back with an update. I planted 6 Rare Dankness Ghost Tran Haze #9's and they all look good. Flowering date has been set for 5-2-12, harvest date is 7-3-12 (This is a rough estimate as I harvest by the color of the leaves/ and trichomes) Trim week (aka hell week) will be 1 week after the final plant is cut down, and then I will have weights to share with you guys. I'm shooting for more than 10lbs.

Here are some pictures. I fed the girls with some rapid start, floranova grow, and vermiT yesterday and they really have responded well. I do have 2 plants that are having some troubles and was hoping some of ya'll could look at them and give me some advice. Top 2 are just showin off, bottom 2 pics are the struggling plants.

PLants.jpg

Healthy.jpg

bad 1.jpg

bad 2.jpg

15. I know what you mean man... I see some threads of someone growing a single plant with a handful of cfls and it's 'all the rage' and then someone dedicating a whole room to 40 with hardly any... and then my sad excuse of a grow journal with the occasional empathetic drop in lol now mine's more for just personal tracking so I know how long in between pictures cause I'm too lazy to try and organize it any other way lol

Aaanyways, I'll be following along to see the jungle you'll have in the coming months, so far looks like you've got your shit together. And with 40 plants (er how many exactly now? too tired to count haha), I think 10lbs should be attainable... that's what, 4 oz a plant? :eek: damn that's a lot of bud haha

16. =\ Well anyone with a suggestion on how to make this more entertaining for everyone is greatly appreciated! I believe with the addition of Ghost Train Haze #9 from Rare Dankness Seeds puts me at 54 plants and I'm still looking for 4 Blue Dream and 4 Flo Clones. I plan on just taking them all through flower on my first run here and then keeping the clones that I get from the good plants at around 40.

17. Update time!

I fed the ladies last night with a mixture of 4ml Floranova Grow, 2.5ml Rapidstart, and 1mL Floralicious Plus. Black strap molasses is added to anything that the plants get so that was inn there too. Had a pretty exciting last few days, I installed my Small Boy water filter and couldn't reach the cold water line so I put it on the hot. Worked great for a couple hours and just as I was going to leave the house, BAM!, the line burst. So lucky that I didn't leave and flood my place. Now I am going to have to run a garden hose from 1st floor -> 2nd floor so I can get cold water =(.

In the first 4 pictures today I have something growing with my plants that I don't know what it is, it seems to be covered in THC and has purple leaves but they're not marijuana leaves?!?!?! If anyone has an idea on what this is please tell me so I can either pull it out or let it be.

2012-03-24_16-12-15_382.jpg
    2012-03-24_16-12-29_915.jpg
    2012-03-24_16-12-37_739.jpg
    2012-03-24_16-12-43_607.jpg

So here are my trays, I waited a tad to long to order my lights which will be here friday, as you can see I'm a tad overgrown for 1 T-5.

2012-03-26_09-14-32_210.jpg
    2012-03-26_09-14-42_77.jpg

Sugar Mango Ryder
    2012-03-26_09-14-54_287.jpg

Kali Mist (for Greenties)
    2012-03-26_09-15-10_219.jpg

OHHHH and last thing, Went to the denver auto show and took a pic of the BEST ASS in the entire show... Ready?

2012-03-22_19-22-19_386.jpg

18. What the hell is that thing!? haha no idea what kind of plant that is, but definitely doesn't look like mj... maybe transplant it and see what it grows into, does have some crazy crystal things on it. Any idea how it could have gotten in there?

Plants are looking real healthy though, too bad you're gonna have to wait a little for the lights. I don't think it'll hurt them too much to wait a bit though.
    And gotta love the lambo haha now if only you got to see it in action

19. Looks like you've got yourself a weed growing. I don't recognize it, but there are so many different kinds of weeds, and they are different in every part of the country. Where did you get your soil? I do a lot of container plants and hanging baskets for color on the porch and deck. I'm always finding flowers sprouting up in the gravel drive from seeds that blew off of something that I had planted in a pot. I tend to reuse my potting soil as well, so I get an occasional flower sprouting in with other plants. Where did you get your soil? Even with new stuff, you never know what's in there. I opened a bag of Scotts Miracle grow garden soil from Lowes last week, and a bunch of spiders came running out. They buy compost from companies that do yard waste recycling, and mix it in some of their soil products, and that compost could have damned near any organic matter in it.

20. Playing with my new toy: 800x USB Microscope

Took pics of some bud I got from River Rock Dispensary today.

In Order:
    2 of each
    Blackberry Kush
    Banana Kush
    Goo
    Jack Frost

Blackberry Kush 1.jpg

Blackberry Kush 2.jpg

Banana Kush 1.jpg

Banana Kush 2.jpg

Goo 1.jpg

Goo 2.jpg