Oregon Outdoor 2011

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by bird630, May 13, 2011.

1. Hey GC, its my first time growing outdoors and as I've recently learned, its alot harder then I had originally intended. I've got some great Indica genetics, and a few sativa that I can't wait to watch grow!

I plan on using my current indoor mixture:

Happyfrog soil and Age Old Kelp/Liquid Bat Guano as my nutes.

I was thinking about making a loose patch of soil about 20 ft x 20 ft, then putting the pots into the ground. I'm gonna use a clear plastic covering to make my own grow tent, just because of the unpredictable Central Oregon weather. As for watering, I haven't decided what I wanted to do. My spot is right along a natural water source so I was thinking about making my own irragation system. Or should I just water by hand everyweek?

Any advice GC?

2. Alright, you got some good ideas and some bad ones.
    If you plan on managing the size of your plant ( not wanting it to grow to big) you
    can put the pots in the ground, but if you want some big ladies i recommend tilling a patch, ( you mentioned 20 X 20). If you were to leave the plants potted inground it would not allow the roots to peak making the plant stunted. Make sure the soil is fluffy and breaks apart when you squeeze it.

To tell ya the truth, growing marijuana outdoors consist of some good nutrients, soil and a green thumb, and of course a shit brick of patience.

3. Thanks man! Thats actually what I originally intended on doing. But when I went into my local hydroponics store, a few guys recommended I didn't plant directly into the ground, due to all the lava rock thats underground in the area.

4. Were you at in oregon, you can dig a fat ass hole then back fill it with dirt from your pocal landscaping and supplies store.

5. I second this notion. If your soil is bad, improvise!