Ordering Seeds Through the Mail

Discussion in 'Security' started by 1016, Aug 3, 2011.

1. #21 bablok, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    "souvenires" is there loop hole, its only like half legal, like seriously

2. bull shit bull shit bull shit. I am gonna order in a week and see what happens. Wish for the best but expect the worst. That what i think any way.

3. #23 bablok, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Nah man u aint gonna get in trouble theyll just take it and send u a letter, thats wat my grow guide said anyways

4. GC doesn't sell seeds to the USA.

Seeds are illegal in the USA. Even if your state has "legalized" MJ, it is still illegal under federal law. And it is a crazy law, but it is to our advantage that in the UK selling seeds as "souvenirs" is legal (though germinating/growing them is not). They really aren't supposed to sell to the USA, but deep down they only need to follow their own laws not someone else's.

5. the federal laws don't mean much if they don't enforce them. i gave some seeds to a friend and put them in an empty radish seed package. how is a cop going to know? or care? it is a petty offense here to possess up to 2 oz. anyway. i went through the whole paranoia thing as a kid and i'm not going to do it again. a friend of mine thinks every helicopter is spying on him, people are pointing cameras at his third floor apartment, "narcs" are listening to his phone. the cops are too busy marking tires and busting people for leash law violations to bother with pot smokers anymore.
    the service at that seedstore was pretty poor when my order was missing but by using a credit card you are covered and the seeds are the real deal, i have some northern lights and durban poison beauties to prove it. so relax... paranoia doesn't need to be a part of the whole experience. j

6. I'm gonna stick with attitude, I trust them more. its worth the extra $5-$10 to be completely safe and go with attitude. I'm not really paranoid, but am cautious.

7. strange thing... out of 14 seeds grown, 14 female plants. these are from the seedstore.com. what are the odds of that? they were suppose to be regular, not feminized seeds too. j

8. Na man, that's perfectly normal. Would ya mind picking some lottery numbers for me? :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. I bought from seedstore (cannabisseeds) - 60-pack of feminized seeds of WW, HG and SSH. The SSH only gives me about 60% germination, the WW and HG about 88%. But I've had quite a few hermie out on me w/ any stress. Just tried to germ my last 4 SSH...none sprouted, although I'll stick them in soil, because I've noticed that the SSH will occasionally pop anyways. When 5 out of 6 of these different plants all hermied w/ a high temp, the bagseed in the same room didn't...I suspect that they haven't stabilized their fem technique.
    Orellej ~ How 'bout we not discuss what the package looks like; no need to make it too easy for them...please.

10. #30 orellej, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
    them? o.k.
    i tell you, nobody cares about a few seeds. even "them". j

edited to add- everyone here has a computer to use, i am making a personal challenge to anyone that can come up with one instance where a person in the u.s. was actually arrested for buying marijuana seeds over the internet. i don't think it has ever happened and i've looked. the chances are greater that one of those spy helicopters coming after you will run out out of gas and fall on your head (get and wear a helmet!). j

11. When I talk about making it too easy for "them", I'm not worried so much about them coming after me...but they CAN and DO take known techniques for stealth shipping and use that to find the little darlings and confiscate them. You're correct - that's usually just the end of it w/ no follow-up banging on the door. But I don't want to lose my money, nor have the disappointment of not getting my beans that I've spent considerable time and effort in choosing and ordering. So, I repeat: why make it easier for them? If you'll notice, shipping details are seldom discussed on the forum...just for that reason.

12. but are the packages discreet?

13. If you're asking about the company I ordered from...it's adequate. A bubble-padded envelope, which there's millions being used in the mail, daily. The return address; it was probably fictitious, but it definitely didn't identify the company name on it. It obviously got here intact, and no hard knocking at the door since then (about 6 months ago), but from my understanding, other companies, such as Attitude Seeds and a couple of others are so discrete that often people have to email them to ask them where the seeds are hidden in the package! It took about 2 1/2 weeks to get here, which I guess isn't bad, but they only answered 1 email, and that was slow.

14. I've ordered a few from attitude. I use the tshirt option, I won't go into details but it's been discreet enough, definitely didn't have trouble finding them in the package though.

15. Yeah, I think it's supposed to be their 'stealth mode' option, and the t-shirt option is different.

16. do you have to sign for the package?

17. i have one coming that im supposed to sign for. from singleseedcenter.

18. I don't know about from Attitude - I've never used them, yet - just know what I've researched. But from cannabisseds, I didn't have to - I like it much better that I don't.

19. I never had to sign for em from attitude.

20. I've been following posts on receiving seeds and find that the risk seems to be quite high with regards to US customs. There're so many US members here I'm surprised there's not an internal network among those who have grown to know and trust each other as a community. It would seem almost impossible to discover an envelope/ letter with seeds simply dropped in the mail at a random box and delivered within our states. There's more risk coming through customs from flagged countries than a domestic letter for the cost of a postage stamp.