Ordering Seeds Online and Shipping to California

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JohnnyTwoTone, Aug 28, 2018.

1. I live in California and have access to some pretty good clones in the area. I've done about 5 grows at this point and I'm looking to have access to more variety. All of the dispensaries tend to carry just about the same clones. In particular, I want more sativas and they're pretty rare around here. I've been looking into ordering seeds online from Seedsman. Seems like a reputable, great seedbank.

What I want to know is what is the legality or risk associated with ordering from Seedsman or any other online seed bank? California has legal medicinal (I have my medical card) and recreational as well as we can legally grow here up to 6 plants, but are what's the law with seeds coming in from Europe through the USPS? Is it illegal, but one of those things where if I get caught I run the risk of a $100 fine or something like years in prison. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Order you some seeds man. I've ordered several dozen times from overseas. Never had a problem. Personally never heard of someone going to jail for ordering seeds. If they get siezed they just take them and put a sticker on the package saying they were took. LE have tons of things to worry about than some seeds. The seed bank will reship or refund if they are taken. They are meant to be "souvenirs". A few good seedbanks here within the U.S. now though.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

3. Don't know about the legal issues but seedsman is a very reliable company with a great selection. The shipment is discreet and fast (at least it was to Germany).

The only thing I don't like about ALL these EU seed companies is they don't accept PayPal

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

4. #4 Talkative, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    It's customs not the DEA that siezes seeds. Then no crime, just no seeds. I order from seedsman now for many years. Almost all these seed vendors that sell to USA online are based in UK. They accept USA credit card, first time ordering may require you to let your bank know the charge is authorized, but after first time it's just like any other online purchase. They all have a disclaimer stating the seeds they sell are not legal to be planted but the seeds themselves are legal. Main worry is always corrupt USPS, especially going through Chicago. They steal the seeds. I go back and forth, order many seeds one time and be done with it, or only order 3 so no big deal if something happens. Seedsman delivery to USA can be less than a week or more than 2 weeks. Depends on what the Queen is doing that day.
    never had a problem, never pay extra for stealth, always original packaging

5. Growers Choice Seeds - they're in California. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Aficionado Seeds in Colo
    Greenpoint Seeds Colo (limited selections (mostly regs)
    Southern Oregon Seedbank
    Oregon Elite Seeds
    Seeds Here Now (Or or Wash State)
    Tons of USA seed Banks now..very low risk imo

I pretty much stopped overseas but never had any problems. (Bonza, TSSC, The Vault..Etc.)

• Like Like x 1
  7. I order all the time for Cali. A lot of guys here live in illegal states. So jump on the Vault and order up bud.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mephisto ships from inside US and has excellent autos (only).
    Order directly from them, and they'll send about twice as many as you order.
    I order single seeds, and get 2 in a breeder pack.

Growers Choice in CA is a good breeder.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Growers choice. ..no worries...easy. i also thought it was a calif company but creditcard is billed from U.K so your cc company might alert you to possible fraud but thats no big deal.

• Informative Informative x 1