ordering ciggs over seas

Discussion in 'General' started by viper2788, Jul 15, 2010.

1. ok so my friend just bought 5 cartons of ciggs for $125(including shipping) from a website from ukraine... which is a sick deal! my question is: is it legal? is IRS going to find out and fine him years down the line? i would imagine it'd be ok as long as it was for personal use... but it does avoid taxes and such.

i just want the best for my buddy, and of course i may buy a few cartons as well but im really not sure.

2. cigarettes are legal..

3. your buddy is gonna go to jail for a looooong time

4. Not for people under 18.

hinthint

5. hes talking about tax's on them and dodgin it by buying them online. The irs wouldn't be the ones caring about underage smokers

6. but people buy things from other countries everyday...:confused_2:

7. Guess what the T in FTA stands for

8. And what Im saying is that the only thing to worry about is ordering illegal items, or being underage.

Its called a loophole.

9. Just don't use a credit card or any way where it could be tracked. If you would get caught you don't want them to be able to go back and see how many you've ordered in the past and charge you a shitload in tax.

I'm heard it's pretty safe though. I wanna try it but I get nervous buying things online, I don't wanna get ripped off.

10. i dont think you have anything to worry about but i just got 2 cartons of reds from a company in ukraine (cigoutlet.com i think, maybe its the same thing as u) and just know the shipping is FOREVER like a fucking month

11. I'll check that site out. If anyone has any other sites that they know that works pm me with a link.

12. Its compeltly legal, but your cigs are usually stale when they get to ya.

13. nope, they werent stale at all. and most importantly they dont have that fire-safe paper(which makes ciggs go out in 30 secs if you dont hit it)... and that fire-safe paper we have in the states(since a few years ago) taste like ASS compared to normal ciggs. i hate when it turns all brown and starts to go out, as you have to puff on it to get it burning properly again. as far as the product goes, ukrainian ciggs were like candy compared to those we have in the states.

what im worried about isnt taxes i may have to pay in the future... but the fines i may potentially get. i tried doing some research on my own but i couldnt get definite answers.

if anyones been doing this for awhile, please let me know. it saves THOUSANDS of bucks if youre used to buying ciggs by the pack.

14. its ATF

15. and lethal. 5 cartons. might as well put yourself on the cancer waiting list

16. I was wondering what he was talking about...

I'm 99.6% sure every cig smoker on here knows the dangers.

I honestly have no idea why it would be illegal to order them from other countries, unless the US has a trade embargo with them. I go down to Illinois to buy cigarettes all the time because they have alot less tax than up here in Wisconsin, and thats completly legal, what your doing is the same principal exept from a different country instead of a different state.

17. I think it should be fine. I don't have experience with ordering overseas even though I have thought about it before.

The reason I don't think they will care is down here in Arizona, if you go by the border of Mexico there are gas station type places that sell mostly alcohol/tobacco products and they are on the U.S. side of the border. That being said if you buy things there they can sort of walk you out toward the Mex border but you do not have to cross into Mexico or even get that close and you will not pay any taxes on what you buy. There might be regular sales tax I don't remember but you definitely do not have to pay the ridiculous taxes they impose on cigs and it makes it much cheaper.

Anyway im thinking that if this is legal and it happens all over the border within our own country you should be fine.