Ordering beans and P.O. box ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by blotto, Feb 5, 2009.

1. I want to order some beans and i see people on here say having them sent to a PO box is safe but i don't get it. Don't you have to give your name and address to get a box? I don't see how that's safe. I'm thinking of just having them sent to my house. I don't grow at my house, it's a different location but my wife and i do smoke at home so that makes me nervous also. I have no other choices as far as i can see. What you guys think about the PO box thing? Thanks.

2. ive heard about that but i wouldnt try it myself, im to paranoid. one rule of thumb is not to have anything sent to your grow place. but since its not your grow place its a different situation so id use your own discretion. its pretty safe and descret. but shit does happen. i had a buddy order some seeds recently from dr chronic and we never received them. i assume customs nabed them. we got ahold of the doc and he hooked us up with some replacments. but nothing ever came about from the missing seeds. customs can only inspect about 5 percent of the incoming mail. they are working on getting that number up to 7 percent real soon. but even at 7 percent your chances of getting your shit are real good. so its up to you............

3. Its safe if you can have one of your friends open the box. They would never be able to trace back 2 you. :wave:

4. I agree, you should not ship to where your grow op is, in case they are intercepted and used as cause to get a search warrant on the ship-to address.

How does that make it safe? Just open your own mail and in the extremely remote chance you get busted just deny, and to make that plausible when you place the order don't use a credit card that leaves a paper trail.

5. Thanks guys.

6. Another thing to think about is this!
    A friend of mine always sends me letters. When I get them, she has funny names on them. They still deliver them to my PO Box.

7. As long as the name is off a few letters, and there is no paper trail leading back to you (ie. credit card), they cant prove you ordered it. It could somebody trying to "set you up". They will have no proof otherwise....