ordered my cobs, 1040watts 1 mother

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Reo, Jul 4, 2017.

1. #1 Reo, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    hey guys been out of the cob game for some months now just saving up some money.

Now. That I have enough I'm making two 320watt 4 cob panels with Vero 29's and a hlg 320h c2100 driver.

Now the kicker I'm going to be testing them out on my mother plant that I'm putting into flower...... Along with my current 400w HPS setup......so in the end 1040watts in total for that milf.

But the mother, I'm tieing her down and so far she is a thick 3'-3½' bush. Just yet to stretch. And man she's going to be big. How big I don't know but if she stretches to much I could see her filling up the whole 4x4' tent I have

Lol excited

• Like Like x 2
  2. yep lol

3. almost have her evenly spread, about a week and a half and it will be under full power IMG_20170707_080821994[1].jpg

don't let it fool you it's quite dense after taking about 90 clones out of her. my biggest struggle right now is defoliating and spreading everything evenly

• Like Like x 1
  4. So fuck made the light plugged it in and Nada.

Fuck me. Don't even have multi meter to troubleshoot.

5. Hey guys I need some help with my light. I wired everything up properly, 4cobs in series Vero 29's hooked up to the mean well hlg-320c 2100 plug in the driver it takes its in rush current but no light.

I switched out both drivers and it's still doing the same thing. I thought it should of been plug and play.

Vero 29's 36v -38v X 4= 144v - 152
    Hlg320c2100 running voltage 152/153

Like it should be running but idk help

6. I'm wearing my sun glasses for the rest of the day. least to say I figured out my problem it was my length ran from the driver to the cobs. and I'm still seeing orbs as I didn't expect it to work since I had just changed out each cob to see if one was bad and nope.

any ways I will keep this thread going till the mother is harvested maybe posting week by week shots. right now she just started flower with a bit of a stretch over night and new hairs on top

• Like Like x 3
  7. got the light up and going with the fan blowers. right now running a combined output est 550w just giving a day or so for the plant to adjust. then I'm going to see if I can shorten up the distance to canopy, currently at 18 inch away, or crank up to full watts

IMG_20170712_023915396[1].jpg IMG_20170712_023931592[1].jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. and wraping up the first week of flower, she's loving the addition of lighting and is just creeping out a little wider every day, but I cant help to think she is a little pale in color. I just switched over to flower nutes and ran half strength or for here size should I be giving more sooner? IMG_20170714_052651098_HDR[1].jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yup this week is going to be fun. I got to defoliate big time, the cola that's on the bucket is actually stnapped an is just starting to be able to support its self. the cob light I got it up to 220watts and in doing has raised the tents temperature by 6F to 84f just a couple degrees high to my liking (78-80f) but least she isn't cold lol lost 2 weeks last round with low temperature.

10. If she starts to lighten up bump the nutes. This is the time she wants the food the most. Keep increasing until you she's happy.

Subbed.

11. That's what I was thinking i gave her half strength nutes her first watering in flower and tonight I'm going to give third strength flower nutes with 1/4 strength monster bloom....she is so girthy that the first feeding in flower the"top" colas were nute burning while the lowers are starving....

Ya going to be implementing the second lights in a couple of weeks, but first I need to get ventilation figured out, last night she was up to 90's and visibly showing her dislike in the situation. While the floor above was a cool 71f

I'm going to be putting up a 8" vent main exhausted to out side and running a 6"intake Jimmy rigged with a 10" fan. Hopefully that will do me into the future.

Aswell I learned what I want in my light design and am going to try and make this next one ducted or vented cuase she likes it around 78-80f .

Update pics coming tomorrow. And as to the strain of the mother it's either White rhino or purple kush. Not sure which one though

12. end of week 2
    IMG_20170721_072936161[1].jpg
    maybe have a hours worth of work to do in the rear to get it neatened up and more level. but other then that she chugging along.

Attached Files:

13. #13 Reo, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    I had an initial plan to just make a shroud around the light, but didn't know what I was going to do with the heat sinks till this morning

[​IMG]

its an artic alpine 11 passive heat sink. I figured i'd get a 4-pk of PC fans fans and have them push/pull air through the fixture and exhaust out the tent through a 3" flexi duct. as to the shroud I possibly have access to a sheet metal shop and will be basically making a rectangular tin shell. that the fans will be placed in as to force the air. just the only problem is taking my "shop light" to college for the sheet metal work.....

• Like Like x 1
  14. How do you find monster bloom. Haven't found anyone else that uses it.
    Do you add any bloom booster to it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I'm not really one to say bro. I had it, I used it, and they didn't die or get sick.

I used flower nutes and half cap of MB and calmag. Probably could of used more or a variety but the MILF would be my second grow so I'm not all that into nutes just yet

• Like Like x 1
  16. #16 ProfessorKhaos1337, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    Looks badass. Hell of a plant my friend. Hopefully she pumps out for ya. Any recent pics?

17. Thank you.

I'll be updating every Friday. And the only thing that's changed is that the leaves are just ever so starting to get there coating of sugar not bad for week 3

18. Nothing but buds.

Also upped the nutes. The tops filled out better( darker green, healthier) but she's lacking a little green at the bottom still. Next watering I'm not to sure on witch way I should go. I "need" to flush/ ph'd watering or do I bump the nutes one more time before the doing a flush?

Attached Files:

19. #19 Reo, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Ya the darker leaf is it's clone. Its much darker

Attached Files:

20. Figured what's done is done so I flushed it with calmeg and zenzym and am going to resume feeding it full nutes next watering.

Week 4:
    She's looking beautiful sides for the nitrogen defficiency in the beginning, over all is looking happy and getting a little bit darker/ back to normal.

And I may not be putting in the other cob light. Just ran out of money doing other projects and got behind on savings so she might not be seeing the full 1040w. But there will be more mother's in the future.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1