ordered digi cam!!

Discussion in 'General' started by zalzal010, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Best prices I've ever seen for cameras. BRAND NEW Konica Minolta Dimage Z6.

6 megapixels, macro and SUPER macro modes (up to 1cm from the lense!), 12x optical zoom, 4x digital zoom. All for just about $288 from wawadigital.com, with 3 day UPS shipping from new york to california.

very nice, ironic find. I mentioned to my uncle, who happens to be a DEA crime scene photographer, that I am looking into digital cameras, and he refered me to that site.

So in about 4 days maybe people will actually start looking at my grow journal. I plan on filling to the brim with pictures of my little babies.

Goin to walmart to pick up a cheap rechargable battery set, and maybe a larger SD memory card. It includes a 16mb one, and I'm not sure just how many high-res macro shots it will hold. too few is too annoying, ya know.

Curious 'bout my cam? check it out:
    http://www.wawadigital.com/shopping/ProductDetails.asp?Catid=15&Sku=2806301

2. Nice man, new cameras are fun I just got a Canon: Powershot A520 about 2 weeks ago been snapping shots like crazy :D Have fun i know I do :smoke:

3. i have a Konica Minolta too (Dimage x60) qualityshit man you should be happy.

4. holy shit, forget my original praise.

Lets smash down another building in new york - but this time, JUST the wawadigital office. They have, without a doubt, the worst customer service EVER. I get a call from some guy this morning to confirm my order, and he starts giving me shit about being cheap, not ordering any accessories.

As if he couldnt fit the ass-hole new-york'er stereotype any more, he says "ok i'll give ya the 512 memory card for $99 and just say thanks! common, dont be cheap!".

I tell him I'll call my bank and see how much money I have, and that I'll call back. Well, I called in about 20 minutes hoping to get a different operator. This guy takes my order number, again asks why I havn't ordered any accessories, then blurts out ORDER IS CANCELLED! Somewhat dazed, I said "..WHAT!?" and he yells "C-A-N-C-E-L-L-E-D!! item is out of stock, bye!"

what a bunch of cocks. I cant believe they can maintain a business like that. Things are alot different out here in california.

5. follow-up:

Seems this is a big scam. Hundred of people have had my same luck with them.

They charge rediculouly low prices for cameras, but give you shit, threaten you, and cancel your order if you don't agree to buying their overpriced accessories. what a fuckin joke.

they are the same business as stargatephoto, and a few others. A coupel assholes in brooklyn out there for the sole reason of pissing us good people off.

6. You know word of mouth can do alot of damage to a retail company.
    I've always done retail gigs over the years for extra money or whatever and they always say if one customer tells ten people about a crappy company you'll end up with a hundred people bitching about you in the end.
    I'd start spreading the word if I were you. Starting with you uncle.

7. Im definitely telling my uncle.

but if you do a google for wawadigital, you'll find numerous sites with tons of people talking about their bad experiences.

but know, you cant even consider them a true "company". Its a couple assholes working out of some office in brooklyn, working round the clock to scam people from every angle possible.

even false reviews on price-grabber style websites