Order Seized by Canadian Customs?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Oechikr, Aug 15, 2012.

1. #1 Oechikr, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    I ordered a bong, bowl, and grinder off the GC shop with registered international mail. I've been tracking it since, and now that it came into Canada it shows up as "Lettermail". I'm worried that customs seized my order. Cause wouldn't it show up as a parcel instead of lettermail? I called them and they dont have details on what it looks like. If you have ordered into Canada with registered international mail, is this normal or should it say parcel or something like that?

My order: Black Leaf - 4-arm Perc Ice Bong - Ashcatcher - Emerald Green - Bongs and Waterpipes - Smoking Pipes - Grasscity.com

Molino Bowl Clear Cup Medium - Cups and Bowls - Accessories and Spare Parts - Glass Bongs - Bongs and Waterpipes - Smoking Pipes - Grasscity.com

Aluminum Herb Grinder with Pollen Screen 56mm - 4-part - Herb Grinders - Smoking Accessories - Grasscity.com

Tracking screenshot:

[​IMG]

2. "Item was released by customs"

3. Yeah? But it says "lettermail"

4. Probably cause its not freight. It's parcel sized.

5. Well obviously its not freight.... it should be a box.

6. My only suggestion would be to wait the expected 3-7 business days and if it doesn't show up, contact GC about it. Not a whole lot you can do about it, you could be SOL.

7. Ok thanks for checking it out.

8. You are fine. The customs released your package, it says it right there.

The whole "Lettermail" thing is just how it is described. The customs office wouldn't be sending you a letter about anything, they would just seize the package.

9. It wouldnt say if it was seized or not in the track history description. And customs usually sends a letter saying it HAS been seized :(

10. I had a similar experience but mine arrived just fine. Not saying they didn't seize it, but I think it's far more likely that the postman will be bringing you your bong instead of a "lol hey stoner we jacked your glass" letter :)

11. Don't contact GC right away if you don't receive it in the 3-7 days. They'll tell you to wait about a month in case it got caught up somewhere. Just be patient. More times than not its not seized. Glass isn't illegal:D

12. hmmm if there was something illegal in that lettermail and it was seized before it got to you, they wouldnt be able to press charges right? Cause you never recieved the contraband and you did not send it.

13. Yup you're fucked. Looks as though they'll be coming after you with pitch forks and fire!

14. Bongs aren't even illegal in canada...

15. They probably thought it was some chemist trailer park starter kit or something

16. international mail sometimes takes 10-14 days

17. Canada Post said that if it's "lettermail", it would actually be a letter or an envelope. Maybe the letter is taped to the box? idk.

18. How am I fucked? You think they jacked up my order?

19. [quote name='"deadheadparker"']Bongs aren't even illegal in canada...[/quote]

They're not illegal in USA either..