Orange Spots!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Petty187, Mar 4, 2016.

1. I've attached some photos, one of my plants has orange spots on its lower leaves! I've tested the pH and its between 6.5-7. I haven't added any nutes, she's been growing since Feb 2nd. I've been having a moth problem.. Could they be the reason. Idek how they are getting in there. Oh, I also used MG moisture control soil (Don't bite my head off.. I didn't know not to until it was too late). Could that be the reason? The time released nutes in the soil?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Calmag I believe, but you shouldn't be having that problem right now I wouldn't think. Could also be your soil but I use miracle grow organic choice and have no problem with that until later stages of the grow.

I could be wrong so wait for a second opinion... meanwhile might want to take a peek at a deficiency chart. But from what ice been told before its lack of cal mag.

What kind of ph meter do you have?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Moths or gnats?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Thank you, I'm gonna research that. I've looked at several deficiency charts but my plant looks like a couple different ones ... My pH pen broke so I'm using these stupid test strips until I can afford to buy another like the one I had. I've attached a picture of what my full plant looks like... You said it's still early for me to be having these problems? My 5sets are starting to grow out (so excited)! I had to clip one of my leaves tho because I accidentally broke it transplanting

Attached Files:

5. Both --_____--
    I got rid of the gnats easy by letting the soil dry, but these stupid moths like to hide under the leaves.

6. Just making sure! Problem with root pests is that they cause and present as multiple nutrient problems.
    Just making sure! Problem with root pests is that they cause and present as multiple nutrient problems. Cal mag seems likely. If you are worried about lockout don't be afraid to add a little root guard to your water.

7. P.s. I also use miracle grow organic. If you're using the right soil you shouldn't have any nutrient problems for 3 to 4 weeks. Just for future reference

8. Any suggestions on the best type or brand??

9. Yea I've read that this soil isn't the best. My next round I'll be sure to use organic! Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  10. As far as the brand, I'm happy to say I've never needed it. HandleYours maybe can make a suggestion.

11. well Kudos to you!! I'm gonna search online for the best one. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  12. I will tell you what I do use though. General Hydroponics has a 3 bottle system:
    Flora bloom
    Flora micro
    Flora gro
    You mix them at each stage differently to keep the right balance. Works for dirt indoor, outdoor and hydro. Couldn't live without them!

13. Thank you Mook!

• Like Like x 1