Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Orange Peel

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by stevenham, Nov 13, 2009.

1. So I just picked up a qp of pretty decent buds, but my guy vacuum sealed the entire thing this time. The buds are nice, and he pretty much sealed it right before giving it to me because i had to drive for 2 hours. I opened and put everything into a jar and put the jar into my fridge, but all the nice little nuggets are squished together because of the vacuum seal.

My question is..would orange peel or lettuce make the buds look just like they were before they were sealed? The buds aren't bone dry. Are there ways to do this?

2. yea man, the orange peel trick totally works. If ur looking to get the buds "re-moisturized" then put ur bud in a tupperwear container, then toss in some orange peels, the dry weed will suck up the moisture of the orange peels and gives it a cool citrussy taste!

I've never tried putting the tupperwear in the fridge but im sure it wouldnt affect it negatively. Also make sure you keep the weed in the tupperwear for like 3 hours without opening it(take out what ur gonna be smoking before hand;):smoking:)

3. dont put too many and please make sure you dont let them touch

4. oranges have tons of chemicals on the out layers for preservation, your bud becomes super moist and can mold after a couple weeks, and it makes your dank taste like citrus, bud is supposed to be dryish

5. I never had the problem of my rejuvenated weed getting moldy. Probably because im mad addicted to weed and would smoke all of it long before it has the time to spoil. Then again I get pretty good buds so I dont have to do this very much,the citrus taste is groovy though:smoking:

6. Try bread.Anyone know any problems with that?Lettuce sounds good

7. Orange peel's work great and indeed make the bud taste great. I've had problems with leaving them together for too long. It makes them almost mushy and caused them to kinda age and eventually mold after about a week.

8. Thanks for all the replies, but my question is would it help reviving the appearance of my buds? The buds aren't bone dry quite yet. The stems wont snap off, so im not looking to put moisture into my buds or anything yet. My nuggets are all squished because of the temporary vacuum seal and I would like to know if this would unsquish my buds or if there is a way to do this.

9. i dont see the point in it.

10. unsquishing the buds is pointless and would probably just remove kief

11. the orange peel thing is more for re-hydrating. if i were you i would separate the nugs by hand then put em into jars but dont pack em too full. it might help to kinda shake the jars lightly to fluff the buds a bit. also if you dont mind letting em dry out, you could set them in some fresh air and that could do the trick, but youd have to orange peel it afterwards

12. if i have some extremely dry dank ill use bread. but back in the old days i would use orange peels for shwag.

13. I think if you're just looking to fluff your buds up to the way they originally were, it's not really going to happen. The best you can probably do in order to achieve that is, like someone already said, to give the buds plenty of room and possibly even let them sit out.

But, like someone else already said: What's the point? Why screw with good weed just because it's a little squished from being vac-sealed? I mean, unless you're trying to sell it (though if you are don't say so) -- in which case, you tell people, "It was vacuum-sealed. Take it or leave it." If you want the buds to re-fluff for your own personal preference...give up and deal with it man. You'll inevitably lose potency by screwing around with it, and it's really just not worth it.