Opinions without Education

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by PurpleStreak, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Seeing the following post on Facebook really just got my blood boiling. I'm not really into politics, especially concerning military or presidential issues with the US, nor am I necessarily very outspoken, but this kind of stuff sets me off.
    Why in the world would you publicly blast your opinions to all your friends, much less the whole of the internet, without out any proof or without taking the time to educate yourself about the matter at hand?
    Why would you degrade the subject with claims of him being a "dang Muslim retard?" Or call him an idiot or retarded?
    Not to mention the posters use of racism and incorrect use of the work "autobiography..."

This post reminded me of a George W. Bush quote:
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" -Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

Am I the only one who feels that this sort of "opinion without education" thing is what is muddling the minds of everyone around us, leading people to believe what they read on Facebook or Twitter, from an unreliable source? I'm sure that some of the 7 people who liked that status believe that the poster's opinion are fact, and that really diminishes my hope for future generations.

Attached Files:

2. Riddle me this fiddler but why does it matter so much if he's a muslim or not (to D) anyway I hate people like him.

3. I don't think it should matter at all. What he calls his god shouldn't affect how he runs his country.

4. Yeah thats what I was thinking that guy just doesn't know what he's talking about.

5. Who cares..
    When I read posts like that on FB, I'll do one of two things.

1. I correct the misinformed individual (Not likely. This usually strikes a chord with the persons ego and leads to an argument)

2. I read the post and think to myself "Yep, another asshole with an opinion. What else is new, facebook?"

It's hard to take people seriously, especially when they're 'one-sided'
    :D