Opinions Wanted

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by italipinos, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Hi all,

First time grower here, growing from a bag seed. This has been about 1 month of growth, plant is about 9 inches tall. I think it is ready to start the flowering stage? I am running  three 6500 k CFLs on it for 24/7. Should i go straight to 12/12 and switch the bulbs for 2700 k? Or should i do both of these gradually?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Yeah you should change the light mate, but keep feeding veg nutes for the first week of flowering....you can switch straight to 12/12, or you can gradually reduce the light schedule to mimic nature slightly closer, but either way is fine. 

3. I'd give it a minimum of 8 weeks of veg...you'll get under a half ounce out of that at that size, but at 8 weeks, you can potentially see 2-3 ounces, possibly a bit more.

4. What's your watering schedule, they look like they getting too much

5. I water about a shot glass a day. Have a fan over it too. One last question. Does this look like a male? I think it does...

[​IMG]

6. A shot glass a day for that plant seems very little, don't look like that plant is showing sex either way mate

7. #7 killset, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
    Water thoroughly, until you get some run off, some say 20%. I don't personally measure it out, but with time you just know. Then wait until its dry. Use your finger when its dry to the 2nd knuckle its time to water again. A shot glass a day is not getting the soil evenly wet.

8. From the pic you showed that does not look like a male

9. A shot of water a day? Why? Like how did you figure it would be a good idea?

As mentioned above, water thoroughly once a week. Also, what soil are you growing in? Doesn't look like it has any perlite. Your roots are not getting much air. Are you feeding it? It looks like it's getting a bit too much nitrogen.

10. IMHO
    Go straight to 12/12. Tell it firmly to flower.
    Get rid of the little one..It will never catch up, and it will root fight the bigger one.

LAter  MoonRocky

11. When I change photo period, I change to flower nutrients that day.  I do all my shock and awe at once.  Peorsnal preference. :)

12. a shot like a shot glass???

13. #13 CANandProud420, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
    a cup a day is more like it lol, or just give her a good amount every 3-5 days average depends on when it needs water, mine need a litre of water every 2-3 days

14. A shot glass filled approx.1/16"-1/8" from the top, is 30ml

15. #15 loki125, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
    i vegged for 5 weeks and i hope.i get more.than half oz hehe

auto help page if you need help with autoflowers http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1294434-Need-help-with-autos?-Welcome

new vote page sept please vote http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-09-03-autoultimate%C2%AE-loki_1752/

16. #16 KrunksGroove, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
      By the sounds of this you might as well throw it into flowering. Might not make it 8 weeks of veg. 

A shot a day does not keep the doctor away.

17. I am always shocked at how often I read that someone is watering daily with a shot glass or "every other day". Is that just something that automatically pops up as a good idea to someone who hasn't had even a houseplant, much less done any research? So weird...lol