Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Opinions on what to do with resin?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by t0asted, Dec 29, 2009.

1. I havn't cleaned my pipe out since I got it (s'only been almost maybe a week)
    I've used it a few times and theres alot of shit in it.
    Also, i'm completely out of weed. I heard you can get completely ripped off smoking the resin? How do I get it? I'm desperate lol.

2. 1. it tastes horribles
    2. its messy
    3. you don't get that high, just a buzz.

When me or my buddies collected resin we would use a sturdy poker (pen insides) and scrape everything off and roll it into a ball.

3. it sucks, don't do it.

you'll just get a headache.

4. #4 MinusTheBeae, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2009
    all it does is give you a headchange and make you feel like your heads like that guys from pick of destiny when they played master exploder.

5. it does taste pretty bad but you'll get pretty high. just bend a paper clip and scrape that shit out then tap the piece and a bunch will fall out. use alcohol and q-tips to clean up anything you couldnt get.

6. i smoke my resin all the time. I let nothing go to waste.

As soon as I run out of a bag of weed. I clean all my pieces. and smoke the resin.

What you do is take a paper clip/bobby pin. straighten it out. and slide it in the piece. and scrape around.

Its messy
    Tastes odd/bad

Gets you a good buzz going on.

Some times leaves you with a headache.

But resin is the best thing when you cant get more marijuana.

7. #7 Crazyk, Dec 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2009
    I've been smoking out of a glass spoon for the past 4 years and have never cleaned it. I'm the only one that ever smokes out of it. I like to let it get all resined up inside and sometimes I'll dump my shake into it. I find it creates a smoother smoke. I figure I've smoked about a couple pounds through it thus far, but it hits great and never clogs so I say the hell with cleaning it. I have scraped my other pipes...aluminum, brass, steel, glass. I use a little pocket knife and or a box cutter razor blade and easily trace around the threads and just get it all out of there the loose scrape I just put on paper, the goopy rez I scrape onto a screen. Then when I'm finished scraping it, I would carefully put the screen on top of the bowl an gently push it down, but not all the way. Then I'd take all the scrape on the piece of paper and fold it on oneside down the middle and pour the scrape on top. It's harsh to smoke it, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I like to watch it melt and bubble when you light it! You can get your head on smoking scrape just remember not to hold your lighter to it very long. Have fun and stay lit!

8. #8 Dirtbud, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
    I donate all my resin (tar :p) to Goodwill for the less fortunate stoners.

Seriously tho, I recently cleaned my pipes and looked into this. There is nothing for you. Just smoke it, if you can. I personally at tops can only take a hit or 2 out of the bottom of my piece where I would dub it "a" grade tar, as opposed to the less smokable b, c and so on grades.

Nothing you can do will change the appearance, or taste of it. Eating it may make you sick. Really buy a bag and just throw the shit away. I say buy a bag because it is easier to get rid of if you have something better to smoke at that moment.

A tip for smoking resin: Take the lesser grade resin (more oily and runny) and put it on a joint paper and ball it up. I feel your pain, and that should help it to burn too. BTW, tear off any white paper with no resin on it before smoking, it is really harsh otherwise.

Maybe put it on a cigarette as those already taste like ass. lol.

9. Maybe it's just me or maybe some people on here have higher tolerences after they smoke all their weed and there's only resin left but personally res gives me a pretty nice high. Just use a paper clip or nail and heat the res on the bowl up a little bit then scrape it off and ball it up...when its all scraped out of the carb, mouth piece, bowl etc ball it up on in the bowl and heat it for a couple seconds then ..well..smoke it! It's better than nothing IMO
    Also, if you have a bubbler or a bong, filtering res hits through water help greatly..

10. I keep it for a rainy day. I haven't smoked resin in years though I like to have some just laying around for a worst case scenario. Never know there could be a month long drought(its possible i guess), and i might just want to puff a little to get a little high. i have like 2 grams that just scrape off my piece every once in while.

11. I've had amazing resin and horrible resin. You've got nothing to lose so just shoot.

12. resin buzz isn't all that bad, but I still won't smoke it. Take as deep of a hit as you can manage, and exhale through a tissue or coffee filter. Take a looksie at what the paper catches. Gross!

13. The only good resin I have ever smoked was from my moms bowl and that is because she only smokes the dank.

14. Yup that's basically what i've noticed, the better the bud the better the resin,
    For instance i had a 1/2 OZ of some bubblegum kush a while back and smoked most of it out of my pipe and the resin was AMAZING, it was like a slightly harsh THC Bubblegum Ball :p

15. This guy speaks the truth, i smoke resin all the time, in the same situations as this guy. Its not thaaaaaaaaaat bad, good when you got nothin. Bong stems pipes etc are champ.

Sometimes the resin will get stuck on to the glass or whatever so having a candle will help you heat it up a bit then scrape. Im pretty much a pro at this now, id suggest doing this over a white piece of paper so you can see where the resin is and if it makes a huge mess it isnt everywhere, you just gotta throw out the page. And when your done scraping you can just fold the page in half and tip it into your bowl so the contents just funnel into your cone piece.

Just smoke it like you would hash, and try not to hold em in too long cause apparently its bad for your lungs, but im sure if your a chronic smoker your not too worried about that, you need any other advice post back and i can give you a hand.:wave:

16. like others have said, resin is garbage. Last time I did resin I was wishing I was sober the whole time. The high is terrible, you get a headache, you can't sleep if your doing it before bed, it tastes like shit, and it's terrible for your lungs.

17. it works but you need much more than a weeks worth of resin to make it worth doing.

18. Haha bit off topic but dude your name is amazing haha cant believe noone beat you to it :smoke:

19. Scrape it out, and toss it right back in the bowl, man. We don't waste shit.

20. exactly, fuck resin man shit is gross