Opinions on my yield

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by SSDIPainGuy, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Let me start by saying I am only curious, I realize there are a million and one things to affect weight. I'm just looking for your opinion on how much I may get. 1385005619890.jpg this is the grow, six plants, 4 ww x bb, 1 cotton candy, 1 ww x skunk. 1385005800773.jpg this one has 4 huge colas, about 12-15" tall and 4-5" wide
    1385005921623.jpg 5 more colas like this about 12" tall and 4" wide
    1385006075523.jpg this monster is about 20-22" tall and 6" wide

Plus all of the smaller buds just under the colas, maybe 50 of them 3-5" tall and 2" wide. Then about 100 popcorn buds.

I know I'll lose 70% drying, but any rough estimates on what I MAY harvest. They are dense, still swelling, fake seed pods thick, hairs starting to turn red/Orange and shrivel up, started just ph'd water yesterday. 20% clear, 70% cloudy, 10% Amber. Again, I know it's hard to guess weight, I'm just hoping long time growers can guesstimate that's all. This is my first grow, I don't need negative nellys on here being rude. Just a new grower looking for advice. Also guesses on how long they have left would be cool, I figured about 2 weeks that's why I stopped the nutes. Sorry for the long thread, but it's down to the nitty gritty so to speak lol, thanks!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Somebody has to have a guess

3. Bump

4. #4 tattoomagoo420, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2013
    2-3 oz/plant. Those are some nice Colas broSent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Bumpity bump bump, anyone else with an idea?

6. #6 MyDogSmokesWeed, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
    100% Seriously though, just grow it out and see. lol. It's never enough when you grow, especially your first couple times. I can't guess because there's just too many variables. I can't tell how dense or airy your buds are among other things. Really can't tell many. Especially without knowing lights, medium/medium size, etc. Not enough info in your post. Plus it's one of those games that new growers love to play before they harvest, but people who have grown before hate because there's no way to tell. Even if I was standing in front of it, it would still only be a rough guess. 

7. You know, a simple, "it's too hard to tell" would have worked. I'm not playing games, this is my first harvest and I was curious. I thought this site was designed for new growers to ask experienced growers questions. All too often we ask a question then get belittled for asking it. The reason I asked my question is because I felt pretty sure that someone who has been growing for years could be able, with the info and pics I provided, to give a ballpark estimate. Low end (fluffy) higher end number (dense) of what may harvest. That's all, not sure how that is a game. You had your first harvest at some point no? You weren't excited and curious?

8. I sense some animosity in this post...no one belittled you ssdi what're you getting all flustered about?

sure, it'd be nice to speculate on how much you got, but nobody will be able to tell you accurately. despite your info, you wont know cuz all plants and their growers are different.

9. The guy is telling me I'm playing games with the experienced growers by asking for an idea on what I might end up with.

10. Sorry if I came off like a dick, it just seems every time I try to ask a question the only people who respond only have negative crap to say. I asked a legit question, any idea what I might end up with. If you don't have an answer, don't answer. No needed to tell me and the other new growers we're playing games for asking about yield

11. What size containers, what's your lighting situation

12. I didn't say you're playing games. I said IT IS A GAME. Meaning that EVERY new grower asks the question, meanwhile anyone that has harvested once knows that it's impossible to tell. Especially when you'd rather throw a hissy fit and cry about the responses. That is why no one helps you. Because you asked an impossible question and then catch an attitude when someone gives you a real answer. 

For some perspective what you're asking is in lines with eating a large Thanksgiving meal and then asking how big your morning dump will be on Friday. No way to tell. I'm not a psychic and any number that anyone gives you, even the most experienced growers, will be nothing more than a guess and doesn't actually mean anything. What does matter is lights, medium, and size of container for medium. If you wouldn't have been so busy being a cry baby you probably would have seen that I asked those questions so I could attempt a guess. But what you're asking is like posting a picture of a giant jar of jelly beans and asking everyone how many are in it. It's only a guess anyway, and no one is going to want to help you with an attitude like that. 

13. no one can tell the weight by a pic..and theres rock hard to really fluffy bud so u can;t tell, weigh it when ur done

14. Yup, and those buds look heat-stressed and fluffy looking.   They've stretched right out and are really leafy......I'm gonna say 1.5 ounces per plant.   Amount of lighting would be useful, and as mentioned, anything posted in here is pure speculation, so who really cares, just grow it out.   I've stopped trying to guess my own yields, as I'm never close.

15. Dog, you're absolutely right, I took your original post wrong, and trying to judge someone's tone with typing is impossible, I thought you were being a jerk, my bad.

16. Shiva, I did have some issues with heat, it's freakin amazing that you can tell that from a pic. It's that kind of knowledge that I'm shooting for. Some do look a little fluffy, but most look pretty solid. It's just exciting as hell this first time. Thanks for the info