Opinions on my setup please?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AMG, Mar 2, 2008.

1. I have finally sorted out my set-up and was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice which may help improve it to produce better and higher yield plants.

veg:
    bud box medium
    250w mh on 18/6
    constant 24 C temp
    cuttings when rooted are placed in 4" pots using j innes no1/30% perlite for 2 weeks
    then transplanted to 5 litre tubs using j innes no2/30% perlite for next 3 weeks.

After 45 days/ 5 weeks they are transplanted to 12.5 litre pots using j innes no3/30% perlite.

Flower:
    Bud box large
    2x400w hps on 12/12
    constant 24 c

nutes being used are biobizz grow/ bloom once in flower. wk1-2 (1ml gr/ 1ml bl), wk2-4 (1ml gr/ 2ml bl), wk4-until browning pistils (1ml gr/ 3ml bl), from browning pistils to finish (2ml gr/ 1ml bl). All amounts are per litre of water. Also dose in Epsom salts if the plant needs it for mag def.

I am currently growning nlxbb and orange bud. Just about to start some chronic from seed.

I think that is everything, if i have missed anything out i will edit this.

2. + pics and you will get alot more feedback.

3. Check out some of these sticky's some members have put together. Really good info.

Check out this LST sticky:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122936-how-lst-low-stress-training.html

Here's a thread on how to FIM and top:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122559-how-fimming-topping-made-easy.html

Also check out this SCROG thread:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-growing-techniques/48363-scrog-method.html

All of these methods can be used to increase yield. Have fun!

4. thanks for the replies guys. Might have a go at FIM and LST with the next lot of cuttings.
    Any comments, good and bad, are appreciated. After all, i am looking to improve :D

Here are some pics:

Attached Files:

5. would replacing the 250w mh with a 400w mh or hps make a difference :confused:

6. well yeah, almost double.

how come the plants in flowering look very lanky and no offense but pretty pathetic, specially under that much light? do you know what kind of strain it is?

7. are those sativas?

8. the one on the left is nlxbb. i have had all sorts of quality from seeds of this strain. the one on the right is orange bud, this is the first time i have grwn this strain.
    I dont know why they both turned out really spindly. maybe something to do with the 250w mh in veg?!
    As far as i can see, i am doing everything right but that is why i have posted here. I was expecting slightly better results from my setup.
    If anyone has any suggestions and comments, they are all appreciated.

The only thing going for the ones in flower is that they look way healthier then my last two harvests. Possilbly down to me sorting out a better nutes routine.

9. right now i'm using a 250w MH for veg. so i know thats most likely not the problem. my plants are no where near that lanky and stretched looking, not even my sativa's are that bad.

how far away do you keep the lights? do you top/fimm? LST? anything?
    do you know the ppm/ec of your nutrient solution? N-P-K ratings? are you giving them a lot of nitrogen during flowering? cause that promotes vertical growth, so that might have a little to do with it.

10. i have not lst, fimm/top etc yet. i have some in veg which i fimm yesterday to see how they turn out.
    My 250w mh is only about 3-6" away from the plants with no problems at all with heat due to a fan blowing over the light.
    I am using biobizz grow and bloom for nutes. grow is 8-2-6 and bloom is 2-6-3.5. They were alreadsy pretty tall before i gave them any nutes.

Would my final pot size have anything to do with it? Are they too big, clutching at straws now i think.