Opinions on Dual Spectrum Lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JC12, Oct 16, 2008.

1. I'm getting ready to set up my grow tent again. Everything's all sorted, listed and ordered (Some new 11L pots and what not) only thing now is lighting.

I was looking to replace my current MH/HPS bulbs and was looking through at Dual Spectrum bulbs such as the new Sunmaster series. Any body had any good experiences with them? Are they worth it or is it really just better to keep it to different bulbs per cycle?

If they're worth it I was thinking of getting one with a shiny new Cool tube reflector. :cool:

Cheers!

-JC

2. i am currently using the sunmaster dual spectrum bulbs

personally i wouldn't ever change them

it works great both for veging and flowering, and i think the plants benefit more from having a wider spectrum of lighting, as this is closer to how the sun is

people say that flourescents are best for veg, but i just use my hps 1 foot away from seedlings, they can hack it easily with a fan and definately grow more vigorous and strong.

its how it should be

why just pure blue light for veg, then pure red light for flower?

peace

3. Awesome, thanks for the info.

I've had experience with both HID and CFL and I've often mixed them together for Dual spectrums. The CFL's are currently sitting in a new Mother/Clone tent at the moment so wanted to see if a Single dual spectrum light is good enough without the need of accompanying bulbs.

Anybody else? I'd like to see other opinions before I hit the 'Big Red' Order button! :D

-JC

4. Is dual spectrum the same as full spectrum? If not, which is better, T12's that is?