opinion on these systems

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 305tillidie, Jun 26, 2006.

1. [​IMG]

This is the system I bought...I have 2 of them under a 1000 watt HPS light...I can grow 12 plants using SOG in a closet...Works great for me...this is a spider drip system but they do make it in a aero as well...costs a little more though...

2. I will add that if you have not grown before I would stick with a drip or ebb and flow system....i like the drip systems.... Aero's can be tricky...

3. why a drip or ebb and flow system over aero for a first time?
    also how much do you normal pull from those 2 systems together under a 1000W ?
    and are you using hps or hps and mh?

4. i might get this one, what do you think? Im gona be ordering in 1-2 weeks.
    http://www.altgarden.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=482

if i were to get the 2nd one i would order 2 of the 48 plant systems. seems to like a good idea. also how much lighting would i need for 48 plants?[/quote]

yes, that reverse flow system is nice. That would be my choice by far!:hello: Peace, TBug

5. yes, that reverse flow system is nice. That would be my choice by far!:hello: Peace, TBug[/quote]
    I think you can get a 48 site system in one controller. pluss i know wher you can save $100.

6. I think you can get a 48 site system in one controller. pluss i know wher you can save $100.[/quote]
    http://www.hydroponics.net/i/273048

7. First time I got just under 1 pound....second time 1 lb 10 oz...3rd time not much because I let the plants polinate so I could get seeds and I over fertilized them...I have never used an aero system but I know a guy who has(he runs an hydro store) that is what he told me...

8. yes, that reverse flow system is nice. That would be my choice by far!:hello: Peace, TBug[/quote]

That is the system I am buying next...I plan on a little expansion...

9. That is the system I am buying next...I plan on a little expansion...[/quote]

what kinda lights should i have over that same system but 48 plants. how much would i need?

10. I don't like these systems for two reasons. They consume far too much space, and they're way over priced.

The hydro store near me was able to help me save a bundle by showing me how to build my own system with cheap parts. The most expensive part of my ebb and flow setup was the pump for 39.95 which they threw in for free. My trays cost 17 bucks each, tubing cost about 10 bucks, and the resevoir I made myself out of a 18 gallon storage bin that sells for 5 bucks at walmart.

I'm setting up to grow 20 plants in 6in hugo grodan cubes. The grow system itself was under a 100 bucks.