Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Opinion on glass screens?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BurnAFewDown, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Hey all, what's your opinion on using glass screens? I'm not asking "how" they work, just your opinion of em. I've never been a big fan of metal screens because they clog quick and if it gets too resiny, their hard to get out, so I avoided those. My local shop just got glass daisy screens so I got one. As much as I like it because it doesnt let weed or ash through, its kind of impractical. When you ash the bowl, the daisy screen just comes rights out, lost that small fucker 3 times already today since I got it. If I kind of force it to stay in, after a bowl or two (i have a small snapper bowl), it seems to stay in pretty well, but when resin starts filling gaps after those two bowls, it seems to create a lot of drag. Whats peoples opinions of them?

2. the only time i use em is when i have a bowl that has too big of a hole in it

3. I've never bought one, but I've used them and know EXACTLY what you mean.

I also smoke one hitters/snappers. All that bowl handling will knock the screen around or out of the bowl.

Also, after a small session it needs to come out anyway to clear out the air-way.

Personally I stick to packing my bowl tight, fuck a screen, that's what my ash catcher is for :p

4. I've had a few different designs of glass screens. They all do that :/

100 metal screens off Amazon for like $4-$5 :)

5. They are a bit more hassle than a metal screen, but I love them. When it comes to smoking I completely stay away from metals! Just take extra care when emptying a bowl.

6. I love them. As long as you're careful when you ash to not throw it away they work great.

7. They are very cheap! so if it doesn't work out then you only lost a couple dollars lol..

I personally don't see the point. My bowl gets resinated pretty fast and I don't even have a need for a screen.. metal or glass

8. friend of mine has been trying to turn me over to them from metal screens. he always bitches when i use em but glass screens are fucking annoying! the ones ive used just clog up the dam bowl. you could use a small rock and it would serve the same purpose, if not better.

9. ^Or a small chunk of bud? 100% organic burnable screen..that taste good too :p

10. I love using glass screens but if you aren't careful they break easy. Pretty pricy as well

11. #11 Blu3B3rryKush, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2013
    didnt read thread yet, but no! glass screens are from satan

read it now yes that's why. they fucking chip, clog, get so hot that you burn yourself ashing bowls.. not worth the time imo... drop in biking had it right. chunk of bud is the only screen i use

12. I used them for my bong and loved them. When I needed to ash the bowl the daisy stayed in place an the ashes just fell out. If it got clogged up, usually, a dry hit would clear it up enough or I'd poke with a paper clip to open the holes.

Much better dealing with the glass ones over the metal.

13. I prefer bowls with integrated glass screens, like B. Wilsons, Octabowls, Leisure etc etc..

14. Can someone shed some light on why they use glass/metal screens in a bong?

It's not really the norm in my area, and it seems like that's what the water is for.

My ash catcher builds up SO fast, but my bong water stays pretty ash free

15. Well if your bong has a perc, or two, or three, you don't want to gunk up any tiny holes that are hard to clean. So you use a carbon filter, ash catcher or screen of some sort.

16. ^Shit, thanks dude! I never thought of that until now. I actually did that to my friends bong, smoked a popper and the chunk of ash got stuck in one of the percs.

I did the right thing and cleaned it out for her, but still, it was anoying.

17. Can't stand getting the water dirty with floating ash and bits of burnt weed. :/

Whenever I see it happen I feel like I have to stop what I'm doing to go change the water. Really kills the vibe.

18. I hate seeing green bits of weed floating in my water. Makes me wish I still had some screens :-(

19. Glass screens:

-Ugly as hell.
    -Can't use em for kief.
    -They can break.
    -They always stay stuck in the bowl.
    -Why do they exist, I mean what makes em better than ordinary metal screens?

20. i do use a chunk of weed in my pipes. but my bubblers, bongs, and vape i use metal screens. its the only way to go if you don't want ash in your babeh.

my friend that uses glass screens always says "metal isn't good for your health blah blah blah" like hes a physician now...even though the metal used is very thin and doesn't melt or produce a significant amount of vapor, if any, when burned.