Opiate addiction....?

Discussion in 'General' started by c20h25n3oIsGood, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Hi everyone,
    Recently, about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I came into a supply of a lot of 40mg oxycontin pills. I was wondering, if I have been taking at least 1 a day, nearly everyday, am I addicted?

I do not know the answer to this, because I have been taking them everyday...and have not noticed any cravings...but that is because I'm always high on them anyway.

I believe I need to stop taking them everyday immediately, and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with opiate addiction to give me info please.

Any information is much appreciated!

Edit---I've taken between 40mg and 70mg everyday since December 27th.

2. If you think about it right when you get out of bed, you're probably addicted.

If you look forward to them after work, you're probably addicted, yes.

Just try to stop taking them, and if it's hard, then you'll know you're addicted. Like, if you're sitting there watching TV or something and you think 'man, I wish I had that OC feeling right about now.'

They are TERRIBLY addictive, so be very careful. I love them, I'm pretty much an addict, so take my word for it when I say they're terribly addictive.

3. don't take any for a day or 2 and see how you feel, from what i hear opiate withdrawl is a bastard

4. oh it is. I had the exact same situation about this time last year. you'll find yourself shaking, laying in bed cold, headaches, not wanting to eat, ect.

be prepared for the worst man, but you can do it. its only a drug, and we can get through this together.

feel free to PM me for personal help. ive gone through this, with oxycontin.

5. I dunno, for a few months there I was popping 5-12 Vicodins everyday. My supply ended one day, and I was fine with it. It was kind of annoying not having it, but I didn't experience any withdrawals.

That's just from personal experience, I'd still be careful about it...

6. Yeah, i think you might be in for a hard time. OC is the bomb, and im seriously jonesin just thinking about you having all of those. Go for a day or two, and see how much you want to do em.. How were you taking them? For me, smoking them is the most satisfying, so for ME more addicting. I love exhaling the first hit, sighing, then zoning the fuck out, only to look down on the foil and see theres quite a bit left to go.:D But yeah, were you snorting them or smoking them? If you say popping them ill be upset. lol

7. I don't mean to change the topic slightly, but what exactly happens when you get addicted to opiates that makes it so bad? I mean all I do is smoke weed, and i'd say I am addicted because i smoke everyday and look foward to the end of the day so I can smoke, and stopping permanently would probably be hard and a pain in the ass. What do Opiates do that MJ doesn't do regarding addiction that make them so much worse?

8. I was railing them whenever i had them, that might be why i had a hard time too. I would crush the MF's up and just do line after line

9. Welll, with opiates, your body becomes dependent on it. Your brain stops producing the natural painkillers and endorphins because it has an excess of it, and then it is hard to return to normal. But with weed, it is just a mental addiction.

Thanks for your help everyone.
    Yeah, I was usually just chewing them up...I did rail a few, but I didn't like that feeling in my nose, so I just stuck with eating em. I think I'll probably stop for 3 days, see how I feel and then I'll see what's up with them...
    I appreciate all of the quick responses.

10. ummm if u still have a supply cant u take like 5-10 mgs a day if the pain is that bad?

good luck

11. With opiates your body needs them to function. I look forward to smoking weed but I'm not addicted, and I would hate to quit but I could if I wanted to. Just thinking about it doesn't mean your addicted.

12. I can take them off your hands for you if you want.

13. I was gettin 10, 20, 30, 45 oxy 40s at a time and I never went through with drawal. Figured Id mention that. I do them about once every week and a half now. Hope to stop them for a longer period of time soon.

14. ^ interesting. i used for about 5 days continuously, given, it was in small doses, but i still felt slight withdrawls from it. just be careful man, id probobably try cutting back on that shit quick. thats not a drug you want to get hooked on. that shit on the black market is expensive as fuck. the way i see it, youve been poppin like 20 dollars or more worth of pills each day, thast a lot.