Online petition that throws prohibition law back in the face of the white house

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by machthesis, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Hello everybody. Just wanted to let you all know about a new online petition that's really a satire on anti-marijuana propaganda and the hypocritical laws surrounding drug prohibition. Check it out here
    http://wh.gov/U9S

Remember people there is a war going on and the only way we'll win is if we fight back.:devious:

2. #2 chronicTRE, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
    Getting alcohol illegal isn't going to change the laws on pot.

/Moron

Name-calling is not allowed here. - KSR

3. #3 machthesis, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
  4. Expecting whitehouse to be logical

/naive

5. Regardless of the word's meaning, that is the most pointless petition I've ever seen.

If you really want to help make a difference towards marijuana's laws, address the topic itself, not something you've compared to it.

/Moron

6. It is supposed to be a pointless petition drawing attention to the fact that that our law makers are contradicting themselves.....sigh nevermind I guess its bound to go over some peoples heads.

7. No need to attack each other guys, we all came in here with a positive intention so why don't we try leaving with one :)

TLDR the petition sorry :)

8. This petition isn't going to do anything. First of all this isn't satire, second it is doing absolutely nothing for legalization.

What you're doing isn't revolutionary and has been done countless times before. The white house doesn't even look at the petitions.

9. They live

10. Your right TheOldReliable, lol if its too long. What I did was juxtaposition alcohol and marijuana prohibition while playing on old school anti marijuana retoric. This shows the idiocy of marijuana a substance proven safe being illegal and alcohol which can be deadly being legal.

11. Yes you almost got it!
    Our government is laughably inept, frankly I don't think any of the petitions do anything other than make people think they can affect the government. But the American people see the petitions and people can rise up and protest. Oh and its not supposed to be revolutionary, its the equivalent of one bullet fired from one rifle. I'm curious to see what will happen if their site becomes flooded with legalization petitions not just the two or three there now but twenty or thirty all with tens of thousands of signatures.

12. Or hundreds of thousands of signatures...? No attention paid.

The answer is real information, activism (in politics generally, not just stoner rallies) and getting out the damn VOTE (not just for medical propositions, but for Liberty minded candidates and the bigger picture).

If you, or anybody reading, is not old enough to vote, you can still volunteer for Liberty minded candidates and hone your spiel for when you are a little older and will be taken more seriously. There is a growing Liberty movement in this country and the vast majority of Liberty minded candidates see the folly of the drug war.

Just reread this, it's really not intended as harsh, but rather grounded in reality. We can't just bitch about stuff on the Internet and expect change. Get involved, make a difference!

13. Yeah, including the politicians and everyone else we need to influence. Nice try but politicians don't have senses of humor or understand satire.

14. #14 machthesis, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
    100% agreed I'm getting tired of people complaining and not doing anything. I mean even if your lazy you can show support with a few clicks of a mouse button now. Or if you really want to get involved there are several organizations that are making some real headway in the fight for legalization. Probably the most recognizable one being NORML, cant wait for their May 5th Texas capitol march. Or like you said get behind a more liberal candidate don't just vote but help them with their campaign. Personally I'm helping Ron Paul I don't agree with all his views but hes the only one that doesn't seem to be a puppet and speaks his mind plus he wants to see marijuana (among other substances) decriminalized. If your interested you can always go to ronpaul2012.com to learn more and volunteer to help, you can do door to door solicitation, cold calls, even host a party.

15. Satire has been used through out the ages to confront political wrong doing. True it doesn't always hit home but sometimes it does. Just because it seems like a waste of time doesn't mean it is. If you have enough people making waves we will eventually create a tsunami.