Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Online Petition - Over 500,000 Signatures

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chem1cal, Jun 1, 2011.

1. I was on NORML's website when I saw a comment on one of the article's comment section. It caught my eye, although I had never heard of the website. Apparently there's an online petition (Globally) to end the "War on Drugs." It's already gotten a massive 550,000ish signatures.

I know there has been some petitions made before, but I've never seen one to this volume. I figure I'd help spread the word. The URL is:

Avaaz - 24 hours to End the War on Drugs

If it doesn't work - I tried "www.avaaz.org" initially and it didn't work - try Googling it.

All you need to do it put in your name, e-mail, county, and zip code (I didn't put in my real zip code).

I'm not a current smoker, but I am an advocate of legalization, regulation, and taxation; As well as the demolition of a failed Drug War that clearly infringes on our basic freedoms to do what we want with our bodies, as long as we're not putting anyone else in harm's way.

2. I honestly don't think that they would consider it to be honest. They make good money on this war. And the governments can be greedy.

3. I doubt it'll work, too. However, it's powerful to show unity, and it's clearly better than sitting back with our hands over our mouths.

Clearly, through scientific studies, the numbers show that water is more harmful than marijuana. People are finally realizing that "Hey, it's really not so bad, especially in comparison to alcohol!".

In futuristic retrospect, I am glad that I signed. What if it DOES do something? Like I said - It's better than doing nothing. We, the people, need to show what we want. We need to demand it. We need to show them that it's OUR money funding the government whom, in turn, locks up millions of people for laws and regulations that many people don't want. Why have an officer cuff an 18-year-old (or anyone any age for that matter) when they can be doing proactive patrol and possibly catch an assault/murder/burglary/ect. in progress?

We, the people, need to take a stand. It's the perfect storm for shoving legalization down the government's throat - the economy is bad, people are losing their homes, and jobs are at a low; Essentially, people aren't happy. Throw into the mix the explosion of medical marijuana and the realization that marijuana was erroneously stigmatized, and I think it's the best fighting chance we've had in some time.

4. I don't care if this turns out a bust. It litterally takes 5 secs and may be a MAJOR step in the right direction.

So heres to a nice big BUMP for this thread.

5. Don't forget to spread the word via Facebook, E-mail, Twitter, ect.

I cannot, as it jeopardizes my job and that's my TOP priority, even though it'd be thrown under the 1st Amendment... I cannot take that chance. Maybe spread this to other boards, too, aside from the ones on this website.