Online dating?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Griever, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Reported for spam.

2. Ugh online dating, despise it. 90% of the women I matched with on tinder seemed like the same person that being shallow, materialistic and high sense of self-worth. I used it for 2 months and I got one date out of it - worst date of my life she was. Heads up most girls won't even respond to you when you match with them as they're being bombarded by constant texts every day and that chips away at your self esteem over time. I've had way more luck chatting up girls at parties and bars tbh (pre covid times obviously), you just need that chemistry and via a screen it's impossible to tell whether it's there or not.

Good luck either way

3. #23 alexsandro22, Dec 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    It's different from real life dating for sure.You can't figure out what kind of person you're talking to until you meet her. I've been dating online for a while and finally we met each other in real life and broke up after 2 weeks :D Despite I am 43 y.o. for guys like me..

4. Ya met my little lawn trimmer online ..
    [​IMG]

5. If you are looking for some reliable and reputable online dating site that will connect you with your perfect match, then you must visit the as it provides you some reputed websites.

6. This is what I try to tell myself and the advice(whatever that's worth) I give to others. Whether you're male or female, the other person wants the date to go well too. Don't "try so hard" that it's not fun.

7. I can tell you how shit a decade of 1 was but when a bingehead oblivioid falls for a pretty face compulsive liar yo just cant get much worse combo im the dating world lol

8. Learning about is a great way to discover that one girl who will love and support you. When I heard it, I immediately began searching for information that may assist me. That's how I met these two. I didn't trust them at first since I had too many questions. But now that I'm able to contact with a female I truly adore, I'd like to urge you to keep an eye on these people.

9. #29 Wezmon, Jan 23, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    Very hit or miss for me. I can go weeks without hardly anything and then all of a sudden, I'll have a handful of women in my inbox. Problem is that they never really go anywhere because conversations dry up. I'm a decent conversationalist but if the other person isn't contributing enough I run out of things to say and talk about.

I've found I have more success meeting women organically. It's so much easier to have a real conversation in person because you have things you can talk about that are happening around you, you can see facial expressions and play off of those, etc... I pretty much don't use OLD much anymore. Too tired of those who either can't talk, or lose interest in a day. Just a waste of time for the most part.

___
    meetmyage.com

• Like Like x 1
  10. Met my current girlfriend on one in 2016. Catfishing is definitely a thing...I'll be straight up my girlfriend catfished me a bit, she was bigger than her photos implied haha but hey I'm into thick girls so it was all good. Around the time we first hooked up we had an epic wildfire sweep through my city and we evacuated together which was dicey as fuck and ended up bonding pretty hard over it. Rest is history, I'll probably be with her for the rest of my life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. I had some online relationships... didn't last. Cyber sex is fun, lots of ways to use the imagination but I would rather have the real thing. You never know what you're getting online anyway. I had someone convince me they were Johnny Depp back in my early 30's when the internet was still young too. Good thing I'm happily married now though! Glad to hear online dating has worked for some of you though!

12. Was she a functioning addict? I've met several that were addicts for decades and you'd never know. Normal personality, good job, morals etc.

Then I've met ones who were so obvious, you just wanted to stay clear of them.

13. The women I've met online are mostly only interested in how much money you have and how big is your house, cars...all material things. And women also LIE like crazy. Post 10 year old photos, use filters on their photos, tell you they don't smoke when they do!!! I'm sure guys do the same thing also but I gave up internet dating a long time ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Or something penicillin won't cure and Softscrub won't take off.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I met a few women through a dating site that didn't work out. I thought it was a good way to meet women because there were so many to choose from. I also posted a personal add on Craigslist. (They no longer take personal ads). Now I have been happily married for over fifteen years to the woman I met on Craigslist.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. That's amazing to hear! It's always interesting to hear about different ways people have found love and built long-lasting relationships. It sounds like you had quite an adventure with online dating and took the chance to meet new people. Sometimes it takes a few tries before finding the right person, but it's fantastic that you eventually connected with your now-wife on Craigslist. Congratulations on your over fifteen years of marriage! It's a testament to the power of connections and the potential for love to blossom in unexpected places. Wishing you continued happiness and love in your marriage.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Well the only people I ever dated online was this group of catfish people pretending to be both Johnny Depp and Robert Redford. It was so stupid, my husband and I got really caught up in this insidious drama that took so much out of our souls, it's a wonder we lived to tell the tale let alone still married! At least they didn't get any money but they did hurt us a lot mentally and emotionally. No online dating for me! I'm glad it worked out for others though!!!

18. Before computer dating count? A joker at work took an add in some newspaper or whatev for me it read: SWM iso Amazon lady wrestler not afraid to go off the top rope. It was lust at first sight & worked out for a few months. No complaints.

19. #39 Dizzy, Jul 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2023
    Well The Way I Am Ion Trust Anybody Enough To Just Meet Up After We Talk Online. They Might Be A Rapists Or Serial Killers Lookin To Put A Knife In My Guts Or Someting. I Met My Husband When I Was 18 Ata Party When He Start Chattin Me Up An We Got Married When I Was 20. Iain Got No Interest In Online Dating Lol Happily Married For Life. I Met My Boo The Old Fashion Way I Guess.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Lol awesome, same with me sis! I met my husband at a rehearsal for an opera concert we were doing. He was so cute, very old fashioned but he didn't waste time, he proposed to me on our first date lol and we're still together after 26 years!
    Hey love is love no matter how you meet. Cupid ain't stupid!!! :GettingStoned:

• Creative Creative x 1