One yellow bud site

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by babycorn, Apr 24, 2011.

1. After checking on my plants last night I realized that some of the bud sites had yellowing new growth. I wasn't sure what was going on so I flushed and gave some light nutes and it fixed the problem on all but one bud site.

I have searched but have been unable to find anything quite like it so far but I'm sure it's only new to a new grower such as myself lol.

PH is fine at 5.8-5.9 in coco and I'm using a 250w hps light in a growlab60

Any additional info can be found in my grow journal so I can avoid reposting info. I wasn't getting much help on the journal so I figured I would try my luck here!

Attached Files:

2. Hey bud, I'm thinking you'll be ok in a day or two. They seem to be fixing themselves by the sounds of it. I have just one question: What kind of wax do you use on those leaves? LMAO JK Looking good!

3. Thanks for the input I will definitely rest easier lol. I had the desk lamp I was using as a light source too close so there was some wicked glare off of those leaves lol. I avoid flash at all costs

4. I read that new yellow growth is due to a lack of sulfur.

5. thanks I originally thought it was sulphur and then when I looked at more pics it didn't look quite the same. I actually found that chart last night lol.

do those leaves count as upper leaves? I assumed they were referring to the giant fan leaves but im a newb

6. well if they are towards the top of your plants they are upper leaves if they are towards the bottom they are lower leaves..... atleast thats how i have always taken it

ppl who dont trim there plants often have problems with the lower leaves shriveling up and dieing creating mould and all sorts... i always make sure that my lower leaves can get light i trim out everything that looks like it isnt getting enough this encourages new growth also helps the rate of growth speed up too much however will stress your plant out make it balanced i tend to trim over a period of 3 days taking out everything slowly so my plant is balanced i also trim off everything near the stems so i can look straight through the underneaths of my plants this ensures airflow

just keep these small details in mind

you want to concentrate on root structure over plant growth take care of the roots and the roots take care of your plants make sure they have a ton of space to grow into with a nice mix of oxygen to hydration.

make sure u have good airflow you want nice fresh air flowing through at all times

good light reflection the better the light reflection the less light wasted....the more light absorbed by your plants
    a good tip when your plants get really big and during flowering get sum lights underneath them to provide the lower end with good light this will even out the bud quality rather than only having good bud at the top getting more bunk the further down you go

PH is too be regulated like a an army regiment check, check, check and then double check it will go up and down so you need to even it out alot this will stop ph lock outs and plants love a strict regime.

keep them trimmed a good trimmed bush with grow faster never trim off the new growth only old or deficient leaves or ones that are so big they stop light getting to the rest of the plant several leaves getting light will do more than 1 big leaf getting light... it will also encourage the several little ones to become several bigger ones hence your growth increases ten fold.

split your plants!! this is a method i use everytime without fail get to the core of the new growth u will find 2 tiny little leaves growing and what looks like a tiny little bud in the middle which is actially another set of new leaves forming pinch it out leaving the 2 more developed outer leaves untouched (im finding this a bit hard to explian) make sure not to take off n e thing but the little bud like part this will split your plant focing it to grow 2 main stems you can repeat this process to create more but dont over do it there is only so much your plant can sustain however the benefit is twice the bud production at the end as you have two main stems or more rather than one main stem

enjoy my tips... we are all just newbs really because no matter how long you have been studying the arts of growing you will always learn something new

7. Well put and I appreciate you taking the time to write your post. I am doing everything you have said so far. Defoliating, ph, light, and airflow are all good. I believe that the last part you are referring to is called topping or fimming. I am not sure if they are the same thing.

I have read about it in the past but since I am on my first girl I don't want to risk damaging her any more than I have to. I will probably try it on my auto hindu kush that I started almost two weeks ago.

8. hey guys sorry to bother you again. The problem has gotten worse and spread to another branch. I gave some cal-mag and I don't know if it helped but it hasn't gotten much worse.

Is she stunted? What should I do? I have done a lot of research and it now looks like cal-mag should fix it but I definitely need a second opinion from some more blades!

I can't double post pics and made the mistake of putting them in my journal which a lot of people read but never comment on :(. The link is in my sig. Feel free to post answers here so more people with the same issue can find it!