One-third of Obamacare enrollees affected by errors

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Dec 5, 2013.

1. http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/health-care-enrollment-on-web-plagued-by-bugs/2013/12/02/e3021b86-5b79-11e3-a49b-90a0e156254b_story.html

2. Now wheres Garrison to tell us how great Obamacare really is and that we should all sign up anyhow? Just a minor hiccup in the system, right?

3. #3 garrison68, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2013
    Insurance with (correctable) errors is better than no insurance.  

Sounds like one of the standard Democratic talking points. 

5. They would never say that, but it's true......and if you already have insurance, you have no idea how fucked up it is to be sick and not have it.  

Seems to me that by every measure this ACA aka Obamacare has not produced one thing promised. No masses signing up, no young people. There all medicaid people by a huge margin. The only thing it has produced is increased premiums, huge deductibles. Wait till next year when employers start handing out the mandate. Right now the furor is over 5% of the population. Next year is going to be a wild year. 

7. #7 garrison68, Dec 5, 2013
    The question is, would it be better to have no insurance than Obamacare.  

I'm going to save many thousands in the coming years, by switching to Obamacare from my current insurance, and I will still be paying more than most people who are lucky enough to get their insurance at work - but it will be a hell of a lot less than I currently pay.    

8. 1/3 of enrollees?

what's that like 15 people?

too bad those aren't the only 2 choices..

10. Yes, but at least you know what I mean.  

Thats a selfish view. The Clintons did a study that 50 to over 100 million people will be canceled and forced into a higher insurance policy when the mandate hits the employers which roles out next year. What do you think the view of 100 million Americans will be if they get dumped, and there prices soar. You will have holy hell on your hands, with the possibility of some kind of huge mass protest on this.  One of the reasons why Hillary has tried to distance herself away from this train-wreck. 

Enjoy your policy for the limited time you will get it. If no "Millennials" sign up and right now there not you have no funding. Its pretty simple. The whole thing caves in on itself. Recent polls show the young don't care nor do they want it. 

12. The main advantage for the changes to current insuranc policies (not the Obamacare policies) is the fact that you can't be turned down for pre-existing conditions, and there's no lifetime cap anymore.  This may cost a little more, but in the long run it's a good idea, although it's causing a lot of controversy some of which is valid.  

13. #13 joeblow82, Dec 5, 2013

Your being deceiving on the "cost a little more". The cost is immense. It can double or triple your policy premiums. Not being turned down do to a pre existing can be covered easily by simple legislation, not a 3000 page piece of legislation that no one read..literally. Lifetime caps can be dealt with easily to. In fact most do not even know that at least 75 dollars of a premium are to pay for the older people signing up on this thing. If I am paying 200 a month right now and it goes to just 275 thats a 38% increase in my policy. 38% is a little to you? Problem is no younger people are signing up so the whole thing will be a death kneel soon. What did you expect though? Did you ever expect college kids who live off pizza and beer supplemented by Ramen to sign up for a policy that is about 300 a month in California?

They to are dealing with the pre exisiting with the "Death Panels". Look it up. 16 people on a council that are immune from lawsuits thanks to the ACA that can limit the amount of healthcare people can get by a case by case. So if your a old guy and you need that treatment they can deny you. The other thing to look up is that they have started the Medicaid Siezures. In 1993 they passed into law that property can be recouped to reimburse Medicaid for high cost individuals. Since raising taxes is out of the issue, and Medicaid is expanding there using it. If your a person on Medicaid you would be advised to transfer property you own to someone else. 

14. As an expense, $275 a month is relative to what you earn and what you're getting.  Having peace of mind is priceless.  I expect to pay about 275 on the Obamacare exchange for a "silver" policy - and this is less than half the price of my current state-subsidized insurance which is being discontinued.   

I don't know anything about the "Death Panels", I will have to look into it.  

Everybody knows that Medicaid requires you to have little or no assets. Medicaid is for the very poor and very sick, it's not something anybody wants to be in a position to be on.    

Thing is you are no one to make that choice for me. Your a nobody who has zlich to do with that. You do not in any way ever determine my peace of mind. You in no way tell me or another what is affordable or not so you can benefit.

Like I said all this furor is being caused by 5% of the population. You wait till the nuclear detention of 50-150 million having this done. You wait till the news is filled with families that can't afford it. Holy hell is going to break loose...it already has on 5% of the population. Thing is you know I am right and so do the people who passed this. Thats why there freaking out. 

16. They shouldn't have fucked over the uninsured, and none of this would have happened.  

17. They really never did. Over 80% of Americans in Gallup polls and others prior to ACA found there health care to be acceptable. Whats ironic is by and large people view it worse now. CNN had a poll out yesterday that the majority of the young people want this thing scrapped. 

If you break down the people who did not have insurance prior to ACA you get some interesting figures...oh and ACA does not cover everyone and if it worked 100% as promised it never would cover everyone. Out of the 30 million that do not have it almost half actually elect not to have it. Out of that 15 million they do not have it because of income. Easily solvable with a expansion of Medicaid. Interestingly enough thats all thats signing up for healthcare by a almost 5 to 1 margin right now. 

In the future expect this thing to be gutted throughly. What will replace it is a expansion of Medicaid, no caps, all pre-exisiting conditions accepted. Another thing your precious ACA does not address is states. Right now your state allows a insurance carrier to operate in your state. ACA does nothing to help that. In some states they have only 3-4 insurance companies that operate...and you wonder why your health care costs are high? Time to open up all 50 states so all insurance companies can compete for the customer. That would halve the cost of insurance from the get go. 

18. If the Republicans had cooperated with this, it would have been better.  

I am in favor of choices, the more the better.  You ideas are fine, but the insurance companies are interested in maximum profit for the least work.  

I would like to buy insurance that is priced fairly, without any government involvement, but it's been impossible to find in my state and so Obamacare is now available.  I will have fewer choices of doctors, but a hell of a lot less costs.     

Heres the thing the nature of pre-existing conditions will always cause your policy to be higher...it is with ACA. Theres no getting around that. 

For like over 95% of people with caps prior to ACA...they never hit there caps. Thats a smoke and mirrors selling point that no one really experienced. Similar to the legions of canceled policies. The insurance industry never argued because ACA represents tens of millions of paying customers via the US Tax payer and there in love with the idea. A example is Wellpoints CEO made a comment that out of the 200,000 Breast Cancer people they have they canceled 5 of them...reason was insurance fraud. 

Insurance right now even with ACA is run like your cable company. There is no competition at all. They have a foot print there allowed to operate that is established by your state. 

The other huge issue that ACA does nothing to address is prescription medication. A Ventolin Inhaler costs in the US 50-90 bucks. Bloody thing has been out for 20 years. In France its 15 bucks. There making money on it in France..making lots of money off you and me. There needs to be a mechanism to control those costs. 

Anyhow I look forward to next year when the asteroid hits USA's workers. Whats great is guys like you caused it haha. In the attempt to help you have overreached your bounds so much and next year if the Democrats want to survive they will have to scrap this beast. 

20. "Guys like" me didn't cause it - the Republicans and their greedy corporate sponsors did it.  

All I wanted was to pay the same rate for health care that the average company and it's employees pay, but the healthcare industry hates dealing with individual policies or even coops.

I've paid over 36 thousand dollars over the past three years for myself and my wife - it was OK insurance but not great.  

Is this fair, for somebody that was laid off, to have to pay this amount of money?  I don't think so.  

Obamacare has some idiotic things but if it works as expected we'll be OK (my spouse and I).