one stupid question! please read

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by starchild, May 8, 2008.

1. can you take a 25 day old plant and put a garbage bag over it to make it think the days are going shorter and start to flower?

im a lil blazed sorry guys :smoke:

2. From what I have read around the forums, you can do things to start your plant into flowering, but I'm not sure that a garbage bag is the way to go about it. Although it seems logical, there might be other repercussions such as mold because it will most likely get very humid and wet under the bag.

3. well thats what i heard on here was a garbage bag would help to keep it dark but thats another reason =/

4. Yes you can do that with the garbage bag, but you need to be very consistent. If you start going 12/12 and then miss a couple days, it will shock the plant. This will lead to a hermi, assuming that you are dealing with a female anyway.

5. thanks
    but are you sure your corectt?

6. I have read this before. I have never personally done this, but yes if you keep it completely dark it will work. But like I said, the most important part is consistancy. If you miss just one or two days it could fuck the whole thing over.

7. Just do it on one branch buddy not the whole plant if you are just trying to see what sex it is, if you want to flower it, thats gonna be a bitch and probably not worth all the trouble you will go through for 10 weeks straight unless the plants are somewhere you feel secure doing it like your backyard. Going to put a bag on a plant every day is gonna get noticed by someone. Also that bag will probably cook your plant, use something that breathes if you must try this. For the record I think its a bad idea to try and flower a plant in mid-summer.

8. I was also trying to express the point that this all around sounds like a poor idea. The yeild will be very weak and I am pretty confident in saying the process will end up producing hermies because it is just too much upkeep, to go to and forth every day at a precise time.

9. Right on Liquor, if you want to control a plant's environment you should grow indoors. Mother Nature will usually do most of the work for you if you can remain patient.

Also, that bag will produce some humidity and could lead to problems like MOLD!