Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

One step. Two step.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by leisure_time757, Apr 9, 2023.

1. If decarboxylation occurs when product is heated to 200+ over a period of time, why cant this be accomplished in on step while simmering in butter?

2. I think it does when I use my slow cooker.

3. Preservation of cannabinoids
    Oven method is 240f (115c) for 40 minutes
    Trying to recreate a steady temperature on a stove top for 40 minutes
    You would be simmering butter for 40 minutes or longer depending on your temps

This is a worthwhile topic to explore
    Terpenes start evaporating in the !ow 200s. (93c) and thc evaporates at 315f (157c)

4. Thnks i hope to hear more on this topic

5. I watched some cannabis themed cooking shows like bong appetite and wondered how the cannabinoid held up under the high heat of stove top frying pans
    This particular show also used a heavily refined RSO for infusion

IMG_20230228_195504.jpg

Have done different decarbs and there is a big difference in the efficiency of each method
    I'm not going to rate the methods as folks have to use what's available to them
    Settled on the Ardent FX after taking a gamble on the cost
    By far the best decarb for the products I make
    IMG_20230313_150404.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. #6 starguy, Apr 27, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    I make peanut"budder "I messed up my post .,lol.,see below

7. 20230425_172755.jpg I make peanut"budder" without decarbing the bud.,I powered the bud in a coffee grinder.,then mixed it well with warmed pb.,( made warm in oven while preheating) bake in lightly covered ball jar or other oven safe pan for 20min. @ 325°.,stir occasionally while cooling to keep things blended well.,My recipe is 1 gram of bud for every ounce of pb.,This makes it 75mg/ tablespoon.,use caution.,.enjoy.,

• Like Like x 2