One room, one filter - drying too fast

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by myopically, Mar 19, 2019.

1. i walked into a grow situation that was pretty rag-tag and have been making small improvements. the big problem i'm growing 3-4, all different strains at a time, so the light is in use every night, so when i harvest, i am forced to hang in the flowering room and my beautiful buds dry in two days and some over dry.

any suggestions? can i dry it as part of the curing method? TIA.

2. a friend with the same situ

put his buds in a paper bag thats been damped

and hung above

worked well

good luck

3. Slow the dry.
    When the buds first start to stiffen back up strip from the branches and stack in a sealed container overnight. Set them out the next day and container each night to slow things down.
    I use an ice chest or a 33 gallon trash can and lid (new unused) depending on how much is drying.

Cut down Paper shopping bags are what I use. About 3 inches tall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bags stacked in a 33 gallon overnight.

[​IMG]

Cured in 1/2 gallon mason jars with a 60 gram size. 62% Boveda humidity pack. Usually 5-7 days moving from table to can each night. It'll need less time out each day as it gets drier.
    Hot and dry in Southern California and it took me a while to get a handle on my dry.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  4. Amazing. i should print this, it shall take me time to reach this sophisticated level, but it is sometime to strive for. it all looks beautiful, btw. thanks.

5. this is a great first step for me. thank you

• Like Like x 1
  6. I had to harvest a hermie mid flower and brown bagged the buds it had and left the bags in the middle of the plants on the floor in between the buckets and covered it. Kept cool and they turned out great. I just checked on them once a day to make sure they were doing well.

7. it works for other things, why not this. thanks.