One ridiculous hour of my life

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by LauraJadeth, Aug 12, 2010.

1. SO! Here's your background information. I moved into my house in April with my young daughter. Previously we had been living with my parents. I haven't had an oven since we've moved in. No joke, I've been living off the microwave and my boss George Foreman grill.

A couple of weeks ago my Granddad bought me a suh-weeeeet oven (black, shiny, sexy) and today was the day of delivery! Excitement? Yes. My landlord's son was also putting up the curtain pole in the living room today, I bought curtains months ago for this very occasion. He put the pole up, along with my curtains and they're like...30cm too short. He measured it wrong, therefore I bought the wrong curtains. My french windows look like they've got their trousers too high. Actually, they look like this guy

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n193/mysticgloria/bowl.jpg

The landlord's son (let's call him M) went home, I get a phone call saying my oven is going to arrive soon so I let him know out of courtesy and he's all OMGI'LLBETHERERIGHTNOW hangs up on me and speeds up here. He seemed to think the Corgi registered gas fitters were going to blow shit up. So then they arrive and one of the guys is HOT. I mean seriously gorgeous, I was stood there looking at him and actually got turned on. M gets all bossy with them asking to see ID and shit I'm like omggggg. Then he goes on the phone and I'm talking to Mr Sexy, turns out we know the same people and have seen each other a few times. Excellent. I apologise for M being bossy and say he wants to stay til the end of the fitting, he says 'that's OK doesn't bother me' and I say 'it bothers me a shit load...they're always up in my space'. That's when I realise he's stood in the door way, not in the other room.

Next, they get to fitting the oven and guess what. Shit's ONE CENTIMETRE TOO BIG. I can't believe it. We can't move the cupboards without tearing the whole kitchen out so I have to go back to the store tomorrow to get a smaller one. 4 months of waiting and Mr Sexy and his buddy are taking my oven away from me :( Sad times. My first instinct? Call my mother. She's not home, so I call my friend Emma. I tell her about the oven and she sympathises. Then I tell her ALL about Mr Sexy as he's gone back to the van with my oven. I tell her how fine he is, how I've checked out his ass, how I'll show her his facebook later, how we have SOOO many mutual friends. It's then that I notice his feet poking out of the cupboard under the stairs as he was fiddling with the gas meter. I hang up and he comes out smirking. I've never been so embarrassed in my life.

All of this in one hour?? FML

2. as a guy, thatd be unreal.

he'll hit it if you let him. lol

the kids a bit scary, but hey, do you! (unless your older then like 21, aha you look young in your lil pic)

3. And now my boiler is broken!!!

FML so hard

I'm 21 next month, I just have a baby face :)

How can this shit happen in such a short space of time

4. How did things go with MrSexy?

5. I now have his number ;)

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v16IECLNA_k]YouTube - Banned Commercial - Axe - bow chicka wow wow (Recommended)[/ame]

do this, profit.

Lucky guy... haha

7. Be careful! He may want to bake a loaf in your oven just as bad as you want to bake one in his!

For real though, at least it wasn't all bad. Enjoy Mr Sexy! :wave:

8. This is a fuckin brilliant story! +rep

This line made me laugh: "My landlord's son was also putting up the curtain pole in the living room today, I bought curtains months ago for this very occasion."

Why are you buying curtains to celebrate your getting an oven?! That's hilarious!

9. Bow chicka wah wahhhhhh....

chicka wow ;)