One Quick Question Please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DrewtOkes, Sep 15, 2014.

1. The strain says 65 days flowering, it's day 65. Do i Flush fresh water into them for 2 weeks now to get rid of the garbage nute taste or should i have done that at day 51 of flowering.

2. should have been done 2 weeks ago, but usually breeders flowering finish times are earlier than what they really are so you should be able to flash now for at least a week until the plant is completely done

3. Yeah she'll be fine man. Flush her now, leave her a few days. Worst possible case scenario- she's a couple days over and produces more of a 'couch lock' high.

Besides, remember that's a recommend or average time, it's not set in stone. No two plants have the same genetics, and even clones won't mirror their predecessors.

Peace.

4. ^ agreed. From the sound of it, most breeders recommended flowering time is from a professional grow, with professional breeders, under perfect conditions.

5. #5 Original Past, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    I generally run my plants longer than normal... But that's only because I like killer weed!   I would suggest flushing now, and keep flushing for about 10 days.  A few more days in, and pluck all the fan leaves.   At day 10 of the flush (day 75 of flower) stop watering, and let the plant dry out for about 4 more days, then chop.   Note, I start counting flower from the day my plants start showing sex, not from the day I flip the lights.   

I always run my plants for 14 days past their "due date" in this same manner, for excellent results. I call this "pre-harvest"  and I actually begin plucking fans/trimming leaves while it's still actively growing.  

This method is contrary to  how most people grow, but I'm not most people.  I've been doing this for a long time, and get killer crops.  Of course, you must dry it out appropriately, and cure it for best results, but it will be pretty damn nice regardless of what you do after a good 10-14 day flush.

Good things come to those who wait.   I would even challenge you to chop a nice branch now, to dry and cure, then compare it to the weed you flush and wait to harvest, and report back.  

• Like Like x 1