One plant taller than the others

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stretchman, May 12, 2010.

1. I am growing 5 plants that are all doing great. I have 3 white russians , 1 white siberian, and 1 critical haze. All the whites are about the same size but the critical haze which is the same age is about 4-5 inches taller than the whites. My question is is there any trick I can pull so I can keep the lights even? I don't want to put the critcal haze under one 600w mh by itself. It seems like that would be a waste of light. I have a fairly nice growroom about 6x4x61/2h with 2 600wmh air cooled bulbs over these plants. They are growing in soil and doing great. I think before long that critical haze is going to really out distance the others. I'm hoping someone has some suggestions. I know I can raise the smaller bushier whites but I really don't want to do that. Help! Thanks as always stretchman!

2. Why don't you want to raise the shorter ones? This doesn't make any sense to me....

3. Why not consider putting something (like a small stepping stool) under the pot? I had a similar problem: so I looked around the house, found low stepping stools (like kids use them in the bathroom), put them right under the lower plants... As primitive as it sounds, it worked!

Good luck!

4. I guess I thought it would be too much hassle but, I can see now that it's probably my only choice. It's just growing so much faster than the others I can't believe it. Is critical haze known for growing so quickly? I also noticed that this strain is not as thick and bushy as the other ones I have. It is more open and it looks like there will be alot of bud sites and one will not have to do any thinning out. stretchman