One of my island babies died :(

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by greasyGsus, Apr 29, 2009.

1. So I am currently beginning to grow on an island that I canoe out to.
    I canoed in foxfarms ocean forest soil and 7 clones (4 headband and 3 sour diesel) yesterday and planted them. I came to check on them today and the first 6 i saw were all super healthy, then I found my last one had been broken at the stem and killed. There are geese that live out on these islands, do you think they could have knocked it over or something? It was also very windy last night could the wind have broken the thin clone stem?

Please help I don't want this to happen to the rest of my plants!

2. anyone wanna help?

3. If its the geese, put a circle of chicken wire around each of your plants. If it's the wind, just put a thin rod in the ground and tie your plants off to that.

4. If your around the bay area, Ill come shoot them for ya =)

5. I have a 22 rifle I got from a friend a couple years ago that I have never used... would it be legal to shoot them? There's alot i'd have to get....

6. nope not legal except during season. Then again, growing weed isn't legal either! lol. However, I don't think it would be fair to shoot the geese for a number of reasons. First off, they mate for life. If you shoot and kill one's mate, it will never mate again. Second, I don't think it is right to kill for the sake of killing, even if it is a crop protection measure. I won't kill anything if I'm not going to eat it or use something from it in some manor. I would just make a fence around the plants with some chicken wire, some zip-strips, and some wood dowel rods. It doesn't have to be anything crazy to keep geese out.

And yes I think it was prolly the geese of other animal, not the wind that broke your baby.

7. Just go out there and chuck Norris their ass. Like jump out of trees and round house kick them in the f***in beak. They won't mess with your shit after that

8. Lol har har :p.

Chicken wire ftw.

9. i won't be able to get chicken wire till this weekend... will barbed wire work?

10. I doubt it would... not much anyway. Besides its a pain in the ass to work with. I'd just hold off till first thing sat.