one hitter question

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by greengirl89, Aug 2, 2010.

1. ive had this one hitter for about 6 months or so i guess now. i thought it was glass, but after looking around for pictures it looks like it must be a ceramic one. heres a pic

Amazon.com: Ceramic Cigarette Pipe: Everything Else

i use it a lot, and today i noticed the tip of it is becoming worn down so the glass is starting to chip and shave away at the end.

is this normal and still safe to use? or should i just buy a new one

2. How bad is it chipping? I once ground down a broken one hitter but I remembered that silica dust is like deadly or something. I don't know, you gotta be careful with that, maybe get a new one if it's too bad

3. i'd just get a new one if i were you to be safe. those things don't really cost much from what i remember, like 5 bucks or something? i think 5$ would be worth not taking that risk of the stuff can be potentially deadly

4. Yea, silica dust(i think) is really bad for you, and breaking ceramic doesnt sound to good. might as well get yourself a fatty new pack and maybe even sell off a few to recupe some money

5. I use a 1 hitter a lot. After they get old and clogged I throw it out and get another. Not worth cleaning or worrying about IMHO. I have 5 or 6 backups if I need them.

6. i heard that u shd only use a ceramic piece that has been glazed over. the dust on the inside of the ceramics when heated can make ur lungs bleed on the inside if inhaled or something like that. myth or fact? i dunno. i just heard.

7. Yea, I think any commercialized one hitter will be glazed over...i feel very few places would sell such a dangerous prodcut as a ceramic smoking pipe.

8. This 1 place by me sells the ceramic ones they're glazed on the outside but the inside isn't and the mouth end isn't.

9. Get yourself a glass one. Reliable & they last much longer.

10. Don't buy those things!! They ate most lilly mass produced in china or India and are made from cheap, dangerous materials.

Just get a little glass one hitter. If you value your health, sacrifice a few bucks foe a glass pipe.