One hell of a night. Long read.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Jimothy, Jul 23, 2009.

1. I decided to stay up all night last night, so I could correct my sleeping schedule by going to sleep early tonight. But after what happened tonight, I'm not sure how long it's going to be until I fall asleep. Anyway, let's get to the story.

I get a call from my friend Oscar at about one, he comes and picks me up and we smoke a couple blunts with some other friends. After some adventures involving a signpost, a creek, spiders, and my foot nearly getting impaled by a thorn, we end up at another friend's house, and Oscar left to go pick up Clarissa, who we're gonna smoke with.

About an hour later, Oscar and Clarissa show up, and we smoke a couple of blunts by the lake, and throw rocks and stuff. You know, all the regular sort of activities bored potheads do. Once we tire of that, we hit up Magic Wok, a Chinese buffet, and eat some wonderful food.

After that, we all split up and went on to do our own things. I end up DD-ing for my friend Colin and two other girls, Gabi and Rachael. They're smoking me up, and I'm driving them around in the country while they drink whatever it is they're drinking. Then, the girl that I was hanging out with earlier starts texting Gabi and Rachael, and it's some very disturbing stuff. Like, suicidal stuff.

So I haul ass back to town, and we arrive at Clarissa's house. Gabi and I go to the door, since the other two are way too drunk to do anything but cause trouble. We ask to talk to Clarissa, who was asleep in her room. She meets us on her deck, and then we start talking about what's going on with her and stuff. We quickly realize that her thoughts were for real, and call up a suicide prevention hotline. After she's off the phone with the operator, Clarissa still seemed depressed. Our next decision was one that we felt necessary- We brought her parents outside and told them what was going on.

I'm hoping that her parents will take this seriously, because we are afraid it is for real. She needs to see somebody about this, and from the looks of it, soon.

I know you guys can't really help me, but I needed to get this out to somebody, and if I told one of my other friends everyone would know about it, and that's the last thing I want to happen.

Thanks for reading.

2. Why the fuck would you involve the parents.

Now they think their daughter is suicidal, and might put her in some kind of padded room of sorts.

Anyways, atleast you tried to help, +rep.

First post.

3. Fuck man... I hope it's all cool.

4. Because we didn't know what else to do. I think that parents can better deal with this type of situation than some 18 year old kids. Especially since she seemed very serious about it.

5. Big up on getting the folks involved. It's scary shit when someone is suicidal, and it's the kind of thing where usually they need some support from friends and family. Better to have taken it seriously and risk being wrong than to have not taken it seriously and been wrong, you know?

I hope things improve for your friend. Been in scary places like that mentally and it isn't fun at all.

6. It would have fucking done something; quit fucking talking, guy who said that it's a bad idea.

It could prevent suicide, telling the parents. That is, if she is truly suicidal. When someone is suicidal for real, they will kill themselves in all likelihood, no matter what.

You did the right thing, OP. I wish Luke had called me, telling me he felt fucking sad and that he was gonna do it, but he didn't. But, get her professional help. She may need medication or something.

I hope she is okay. If you're good friends or whatever, you should go and see her more, etc. Check up on her, hang out... just make sure she sees a doctor.

7. damn the begining of your day was chill the end kinda sucked hope you friend gets the help she needs

8. #8 Rotten_Apple, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009

yea man today i had to talk to one of my friends about suicide. both him and i are suicidal but hes been getting worse and idk its just fucked up trying to talk someone out of suicide when i too feel the same. and when i tried giving him advice, not only was it hard but it felt like i was being hyprocrytical. oh well i hope your friend gets better sometime. its a long and probably the hardest battle youll ever have to face in your entire life.

P.S. nice sig. AIC is the shit. look at my damn username...heh same album.

9. I've been talking to her pretty much nonstop since this happened, and it looks like some progress is being made. She's going to be seeing a therapist about it soon, which will undoubtedly help more than what I've been doing.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys. I was terrified that getting her parents involved was a bad idea, now I'm sure we made the right choice.

Hell yeah they are man. Jar of Flies is a great album.

10. You did what you could man, I respect that. + rep brother.

11. +rep.

You did the right thing by getting her parents involved. Ignore all of the fuckers who call you an idiot or a fuckhead or whatever. If a their child is depressed, the parents should ALWAYS know. I hope everything works out.