One Fan To Exhaust Both Reflector And Room?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Spliffyrips33, May 28, 2013.

1. I am planning on doing a small 4 to 6 plant grow in a tent with a 600 watt light. The tent is small and I was wondering if I could run just one exhaust fan to pull air not only out of the tent, but also through the reflector, which is air cooled. The fan would also be pushing through a carbon filter and I know those reduce the fan's efficiency. Basically if I was to route ducting through two exhaust vents, one for the tent and one for the reflector would a single fan move enough air through both of those to keep the room cool? The fan has a claimed rating of 424 cfm, and the tent is 39x39x79". Thanks for the help in advance.

2. Maybe? I had a 170cfm on a 400w in very similar dimensions. It was a pain. Always too hot.

3. I have 1-6" fan venting both box and hood and temps stay extremely manageable. I can usually dial the fan in to 1/2 speed. I used a 4in, but the air disturbance from the ducting going from 4" to 6" killed my economy. The 6in at half speed is quiter and more eficient than the 4in at full speed. 600W in a 12cf box.