One Fan Multiple Contollers (Wiring Help)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Wholeassin18, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Hello, I am attempting to use one Hurricane 8” Max Fan Pro to both cool and dehumidify a 10 x 10 Grow tent. My goal is to wire this somehow into two separate controllers, one to trigger for temperature events, and one to trigger for dehumidification. I thought initially I might be able to plug it into both controllers by simply cutting and wiring in a second plug from a sufficient gauge extension cord. However I do not know if this will be safe nor effective. I am overall trying to minimize daytime ventilation due to the set up with C02 and 4 Gavita 1700e LED lights. Any help appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. The only way that I can think to use your one fan and two controllers together safely is that you could use two normally closed relays, one on each of the two controllers output and with the triggers wired to the output of the opposite relay, power would only be able to flow through one relay at a time since turning one output on turns the other off.

3. they make controllers that will handle both, titan controllers makes one that i know of. I'm sure there are others. The titan controller i think is around $90.

4. They don't make controllers that will handle one thing as two unless the fan is rewired, the cheapest controller I found that might work is the Titan controls spartan series basic environment controller which is MSRP $245 US.

I think the cheapest way to set it up would be to just go with a second fan.

5. Titan Saturn 4 will do both humidity and temperature, or you could go with an AC Infinity T series.

6. That Saturn 4 is a cheaper controller that might work, it seems to be discontinued though, a few are still around for sale.

7. Spend ur money on a good controller w co2 included. It's well worth it. Less stress and total control protecting ur investment in the long run. Better buds and more yield with less work.
    Growing wout it now seems like a huge chore.