Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

One Cough - turns into gagging, nausea, choking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LovingTree, Dec 31, 2013.

1. #1 LovingTree, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
    Lately, when I cough, it starts a chain reaction of coughing, followed up by the occasional gag/nausea. Does anyone else have this problem? 

Sometimes, if the cough gets bad enough, it feels like my throat is closing and it makes me want to vomit.

2. I have this too. i find the best way to keep from killing over is to just hit it lighter; because if my throat gets raw coughing so much then i cant smoke at all.  sometimes ill take a 30 minute break to have some tea or a cough drop. The more i smoke the more i can tell when my throat feels a certain way to take in fresh air and some times that stops it. 

3. I also think the trick is to not START coughing. It's like a chain once it starts.

4. That's why you start off slow taking small hits and gradually taking larger hits the higher you get. Works for me. By doing that I rarely cough. But then again when I'm toking with the homies I take big hits and cough a little so idk. But if you feel your throat kinda getting raped and agitated, take small hits until it's time to turn into an iPhone

5. Vitamin B complex helps with the irritations caused by smoking, vitamins C and E help cure cell anomalies (they adapt to bad conditions over time) - for a quick remedy mix yogurt and honey, it's antibiotic and curing.

6. if weeds not for you then don't smoke it man. whats with all the threads of people becoming deathly ill from smoking weed lol.

7. Thank you for posting this as I thought it was just my reaction from panic with the coughing. I can always tell if I am going to end up vomiting or almost vomiting because of the taste of the hit. It seems that the last hit or two on the bong is what makes it happen. My buddy said tells me to breathe and he rubs a spot on my arm or leg for me to concentrate on that spot and it helps with the coughing. If I can stop that fast enough then it doesn't progress. Try using one of those stress balls to squeeze or something that can change your focus. When he is not with me and it happens I tend to dig my nails into my palms and that changes my thought process from coughing to the irritation in my palms. 

Good luck and let me know what works for you when you find something.