Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Once you get your card

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by thenewkevsters, Feb 23, 2009.

1. can u start growing...? or do u need a special permit or somthing. I'm only talking 1 or 2 plants

2. wanna help us out here a bit buddy?

How about a state?

3. If you are in California, YES! (My second stop when I "got legal", was to get grow equipment!)

And if you are in California, be sure to get the doctor to write on your rec just how many plants you are permitted! The laws are changing, but the doctor's word still tops the state laws!

Granny :wave:

4. What's the average amount of plants allowed for MMJ patients to grow (in CA)?

5. Well, the old law (tossed by the CA supreme court) was badly written- it was a slightly ambiguous statement. 6 mature plants or 12 immature and 8 ounces of bud was the old rule. The proposed new "legalization bill" sets the limit for untaxed home grows at 10 plants, period.

If you are a cancer patient growing to make Simpson's Hemp oil, you would need far more than someone treating a migraine. So what is "reasonable" for one patient, may be total "overkill" or "not enough" for the next. But you said a couple of plants, so I'd pick either the old default numbers or the new. You can always grow less than allowed and expand your grow, if needed, later.

Granny :wave: