Once and for all, How do you REMOVE the Child safety on a lighter??

Discussion in 'General' started by iluv420, Jan 9, 2006.

1. ive read the lighter habit thread and another one too ..but i still dont get how to remove the rolly metal flicky thing (child protection ) off of a cheap bic lighter>???? help plz

sorry im a total tard

2. Use a butter knife and pop it off

3. i use my pilers to pry the two metal teeth up. Then i grap the safety with the pilers an pull up until it comes off.

4. I've found a fork prong works the best since it's so slender and sturdy, just shove it under all the way and pull really hard, it'll pop out like nothing and it will look like no damage was done.

5. I take a paper clip and unwrap it. Then I just get it underneath the safety thing and pull up. Pops right off.

6. yes bend the teath up then wiggle it off. It should just pop off. Then bend those

teeth back down so they're not sharp in your pocket.

7. how do u not know how its so simple.. theres the red button tho release butane on the oppsidte side where the flame comes out theres two metal things that pint in > < take something stiff / small enough to fit in and flip them up to release the metal safty and just grap and pull it up and then push back down the 2 metal teeth ><

8. just find something to pry it off with

9. Swiss Army Knife+Elbow Grease

10. i always use my keys. I always have em in my pocket, so its the most readily available tool for the job. Just stick it in where the flame comes out and pry it up through the top. pull the safety out and use the key to bend the top pieces back into shape.

11. anything you can just grab it with, just get a grip and rip it off, its gunna mess up with metal around the flame hole a little bit, but it wont effect the flame any... enjoy

12. yes please, thankyouverymuch

13. Man, stick something skinny but sturdy underneath it, and fucking rip it off. It's easy.