'On Violence' The beginning of my essay

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Durchii, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Hold a gun to a man's head and he will beg for his life. This is an accepted proposition for a man who truly wishes for his life.. And just as much for a man who may truly wish to die. While obvious differences reside in these gentlemen's self reliance patterns, the suicidal man squirms just as much as the self righteous man in the midst of the gun. Why? They fear the instant. Whether or not a man wishes to die, he fears the moment that trigger is pulled. For he does not know when. Nor if his heart will cease to function. For he does not know how. It is chaos that brings the most courageous of men to his knees, and introduces him to weakness.. After the ordeal, the man will shun himself. He will spit upon himself in the wake of his cowardness.. He would bring harshness to his own vanity by explaining to authorities that he merely sat there as this gun was pointed to his head, and he would sink into his own corner of self hatred and isolation. The suicidal man would be granted his leave, and, in solitude, end his life. The self righteous would not be able to end his own life, but would sink farther and farther into his own malice until his malice must be transgressed to others.

THUS THE SADIST IS BORN.

Let us now become aware of the violent man. The violent man has been intoduced to chaos since the moment of his upbringing. Nay, not his birth to this planet, his birth into violence. The birth of himself as a violent man. This is why, when pointed a gun at, the violent man will not squirm. The violent man knows death, and may or may not wish to die just as much as the squirming man beside him. It is the fear of the bullet he lacks, as he was born into chaos. He feeds on chaos and preys on disorder. This will make the violent man appear with great courage and virtue compared to the visible coward beside him. In truth, the violent man fears stillness.

Violence always moves. Hence, so does the violent. This makes the violent man appear as though he suffers from an attention deficit! But it is the survival instinct he has been ingrained with since the moment of his conception, which allows him to survive at the Chaotic level. The violent man spits at disorder in all its forms.. But it does not take violence to bring down the violent. Fire births more fire. Beasts birth more beasts. It is stillness that brings down the violent man.

Left in a room with a door, the violent man has a vice. The violent man will concentrate all his energies on the door, no matter how futile the effort. He will die of a concussion before giving up his effort. For his violence is his pride, and he will never tarnish his vanity by sitting alone and dying.

Left in a perfect cube, with no doors or means of escape.. The violent man has no vice. He will walk around the cube, in a rage.. With nothing to turn to. No doors to pound against.. No one to vent his building anger upon.. The room appears to glow red with his anger.. And he has no one to hate.. Save himself.

THUS THE MASOCHIST IS BORN

2. what if the dude doesnt care if he lives or dies?

what if its a female thats about to be blown away?

what is the root of violence?

3. If you read any further than the first sentence, you would understand what I was getting at.

I use 'man' bluntly jsut for the sake of forming my point.

4. are we allowed to post some of our literature we have written on this board, cause i have a paper on giving PCP to rats to save them during a stroke, and a couple on space physiology, but my next paper i write will be a pseudo experiemnt me and some friends do about the effects of marijuana, so yeah i gotta get ripped and start writing