on right path or gonna kill my self

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by greenleaf90, Aug 2, 2011.

1. plan on adding mylar two more exaust fans one large intake but with the rope holdin my lights is it just plain out asking for fire?

Attached Files:

2. I use zipties not sure how much safer those are but I have never had a problem using them to mount my CFL bulbs. They also sell those ceramic extenders for lights, that can help make the first inch or two near the socket cool to the touch to use things like rope?

Hanging with rope I see no problem with, the only issue is the fact its wrapped around the sockets. Could be fine, but with something I leave unattended for long periods I would just want to be safe :D

Soo in my humble opinion, you should be fine but I would change the tie offs to something like plastic or metal.

3. Think it would be safe for another day? Till I can get to the walmart

4. Under normal circumstances with the fan going and cooling them slightly I see no possible way for it to start a fire.

I just dont suggest it because heat and fabrics can catch, again to me it doesnt look at all like it will catch fire, I just worry and if it was me change it.

SO I would say your fine until you can get something better even if it took longer than just tomorrow. Its mostly piece of mind knowing it cant catch rather than thinking well it shouldnt catch.

5. Id at least change the rope wrapped around the socket itself.. no electrical or duct tape?

6. How would that catch fire? A CFL does not give off enough heat to light rope on fire if you wrapped it around the bulb. Most plastics have a melting point of almost 400 degrees. Unless your using a nuclear powered CFL your fine.

7. Your right, its definitely not worth the 30 seconds it would take to be safe. The loose fibers would leave me a little uneasy.... especially when a few different chinese manufacturers have been known to have faulty ballasts... I can show you a nice black spot on one of my cfls.

8. Just because its made in China does not mean its substandard products. Some of the best fabrication facilities on the planet are located there. Virtually 100% of all laptops are constructed there. Every iPhone and Android phone is made there as well.

9. #9 Buddz 83, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
    I did not say everything that comes out of china is garbage... re-read it. Their CFLs in particular, have been featured on the news many times for causing fires..."google it".

Hey man, do your thing, I am sure you could do a lot with bailing twine if safety is not an issue.

EDIT: The phrase "better safe than sorry" doesn't mean anything to you?

10. Trisonic Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs Recalled Due To Fire Hazard

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.

Name of Product: Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs

Units: 124,000

Importer: Eastern America Trio Products Inc. of Flushing, N.Y.

Hazard: Light bulb can overheat and catch fire.

Incidents/Injuries: The firm has received four reports of incidents, including two fires that resulted in minor property damage.

Description: This recall involves Trisonic 15-, 20-, 22- and 25-watt compact fluorescent light bulbs with the model numbers TS-EN 15W/SP, TS-EN 20W/SP, TS-CFL 22WB or TS-EN 25W/SP printed on the base of the bulb.

Sold at: Discount stores in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Connecticut from January 2008 to December 2008 for between $1 and $1.50.

Manufactured in: China

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the light bulbs and contact the company for a full refund.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Eastern America Trio Products Inc. at 800-661-7146 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit the firm's website at Trisonic - Homepage

[​IMG]

Go check your bulbs!:D

11. ↑↑↑

I guess he wins.... but seriously it's very unlike that you would start a fire but you never know when things fail......... well I woudn't risk it even if it was down to 1:100000000000....

12. Best place to get mylar ?

13. #13 Numbness2005, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    eBay man