On my Own!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by bassterd, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Waddup grasscity!!! This is my first post on the forums after months of spying on all you pros. :wave: So Anywho, 5 1/2 weeks ago I decided to put a few seeds in some soil. The 2 bigger ones are Strawberry Cough, and the smaller one is Black Berry Diesel. This is my first grow on my own without my Pop's helping hand. I am nuting with Cutting Edge and have been using FFOF soil. I decided to do some experimenting this year being that I have never tried LST. I think I may have waited to long based on some of the pictures and videos I have seen.? Here are some pics of how things are coming along.:ey:

These pics were taken 4 days ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my lil Baby(BBD) a 4 days ago. She looks so healthy!!!

[​IMG]

This is when I topped one of the SC's 4 days ago

[​IMG]

Now here are some updated pics from today. I tied the other SC and the BBD and left the other to grow topped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the Topping results so far

[​IMG]

Not sure if this is an early sign of a male or not??But if you look close you can see lil leaves or somethin growin at the nodes in this next pic??CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THIS???

[​IMG]

Hope its not a sign of a male:devious:

[​IMG]

Thats all I have for now guys. Hopefully me babies turn out to be what we all hope for:confused::smoke::D They sure are starting to bush up from the LSTing it seems:smoke::D:D I would love for any of you guys n gals to chime in on any input you have to offer for me. I know I started late, but it was intended. Just transplanted 3 days ago from 2 to 5 gallons and it seems my babies really enjoy the extra root space as they have grown b4 my eyes the last few days:)!!!:hello::cool:..Patience:rolleyes: Loving how the LST has my plants topping out:D

[​IMG]

2. nice looking grow man they look healthy

3. thoughts are some beautiful plants my friend, good luck

4. Thanx 4 da kine words gents...But does anyone have any input on what those lil leaflets are doing on my nodes??

5. they all have that, be patient, you'll know when they flower. the pre-flowers will show up right next to the leaflets in question.

6. So its been 2 weeks and the Babies have shown their Gender!!!:wave: They are Girls Fellaz!!!!:hello::hello: :smoke:

StrawBerry Cough #1

[​IMG]

StrawBerry Cough #2

[​IMG]

BlackBerry Diesel (One week behind)

[​IMG]

The Signs!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ive been LSTing plant SC #1 with Fishin Jigs for a couple days just to get a few more tops up there..

[​IMG]

I had topped her a while back..I took off the tie downs a couple weeks ago from plant SC #2 and the BD plant..Since then they have taken off like crazy with all the tops evening out ..I plan on discontinuing all stress training in the next couple days so my girls can begin their flowering undisturbed:)Check out how this stem decided to just top itself!!!

[​IMG]

Is that normal??Lemme know what you guys think of how things are coming along...

[​IMG]

7. Looking killer. Carefull of the wall behind your plant baking them. Heat off the wall can dry the keafs out in some cases. White is the color to have though.

8. Thanx for the heads up 5150..Ill keep that in mind and check tomorrow how hot it is while the suns beating on it..I have 2 questions..How long before they start to calayxe up and is it considered flowering soon as the hairs show??I plan on using M.O.A.B and wanted to wait til week 5 of flowering

9. Those ladies are healthy! very nice.. I got a question for ya though.. that bamboo fence thing ya got there, im assuming its a privacy thing to keep them out of sight... does the sun penetrate through it nicely? which way is the sun running, i guess the best way to ask that question would be to ask which way is east and west in the very last pic u posted

10. #10 5150, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
    You should be okay with the white wall. If it was wood or dark color I would be worried. Still watch the leafs close to the wall good on super hot days. It does not take long to bake a plant. I seen it many times.

You have pre flower and flower. Your plants should be showing a huge growth stretch right now? Have you notice them growing really fast as of late? After the stretch is done they will full flower.

Trip for I see some alternating nodes and then even nodes after that. Alternating nodes meens the plant is muture and ready to flower.

I would say you in the stretch early pre flower stage on some of your plants.

You can't spread your plants out to get more sun to the bottoms and sides?

11. Yea..Nosey neighbors..The sun goes straight over them throughout the day, except for an hour or so when tree shade blocks them. The lower stems are shaded by the fencing at a certain time of day, but not long enough to have any effect.

12. Yes i have noticed a real big growth stretch as of Aug 9th, the day I spotted the hairs...?..Is it ok to keep lsting during this time??And yes i am planning on spreading them a little further apart, but not much..when should moab be used??Thanx

13. Another couple question??Sorry to bug..hahaha..I noticed jumping spiders on my plants..they seem to be keeping any pest off, but are they a problem??And how long does this stretch period take place??

14. Yes you can continue lst, I do until like halfway through flowering. Also spiders are good they won't mess with your plant, just the pests I leave every spider I see on my plants alone

15. #15 5150, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
    Not sure about the spiders ask around

Stretch about 3 weeks on some strains but it depends. Expect double or tripple the size when you first notice the stretch. Yes you can lst them all you want at this point.

When the stretch ends you will notice your stems get woody. Not as flexy and easy to bend as they are now.

It's a trip how they are showing sex but do not have alternating nodes yet.

Do not be surprised if your plants double the size they are now in the next 10 days. Your pot size may effect this though. I will tell you they will get bigger for sure though.

16. Holy crap..double or triple??Guess ima have to do some reorganizing:eek:...So is this what you men by alternating

[​IMG]

17. Are you sure Jumping spiders are okay? Or spiders in general?

18. Yep thats telling you it's muture. I do not think double with the 5g pot. Nut they will get bigger for sure. Another foot easy and maybe more.

19. I have an army of preying mantis I hatched in my garden early in the season and I got tons of spiders I leave them alone too they do so much good pest control and don't harm the plants.

20. Do you have jumping spiders? He is asking about them not normal spiders? Just want to make sure.