On my own, need some direction to grow

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MidwestMover, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Started my first grow with my own proprietary blend of soil. Haha. This plant has been under watered and now maybe over watered. Idk how to link my grow journal that I started that has more info!
    IMG_1963.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. mid range nute burn

add more sand or perlite about 30%

right now a flush is good

good luck

3. Can't really comment on this because of the lack of info provided, but you're kinda supposed to do your research before you go into something like growing.

I recommend reading up as much as you can for information concerning the right mediums for growing and how they operate. I'm in my first run as well with 5 plants in flowering, and I did everything I could to prepare myself ahead of time. I asked every question I possibly had on my mind and consulted individuals on this forum for guidance as it pertains to transferring/dosages/veg time/light choices. People on this forum are more than willing to help, and GC is by far the best Cannabis forum on the web.

You have to know what you're doing in precision to achieve optimal results in this field bro.

4. I started them around the first week in October in Burpee organic seedling mix. It's all coco in cali. This was then transplanted more than likely late into peat, ewc, perlite and lime. Then the second mistake of transplanting to too small of a pot because my soil mix hadn't cycled very long. So now I have transplanted to said soil mix and this is here i am. Temps are 72- 85. Rh is 25-45. It's burning dry all around me. I thought I had done a quality Amoy t of research beforehand to tackle this task. Lighting is 4 qb 120 ina 2x4 tent. Plants have been feed silica, aloe at transplant and a foliar of aloe.

5. I've already transplanted into final container so I may be f'd on the perlite it drains well. I think it may be over watered so do you think a flush is a good idea. Also all the other pots weigh about the same this one maybe a touch more. I do have a couple gnats flying I bought neem oil and cpt jacks dead bug. I'm gonna start neem. Thanks for the response.

6. I also think it looks overwatered, I wouldn't flush or you will make it worse.
    I also don't agree that this is nute burn, Older (lower) leaves look like they had a calcium deficiency (most likely from being in a coco medium which is notorious for causing Cal-) but newer (top) growth doesn't seem to have those symptoms.
    If you just transplanted I would recommend you LITFA (leave it the fudge alone) and keep an eye on it. Go easy with the watering, and I would even say don't water for a few days until it looks like the plant really needs water. Overwatering causes anaerobic conditions in the soil which causes root rot, and this is whats causing the curling of the leaves. Let the soil dry and allow the roots to heal, adding water prolongs/halts this healing process.
    If it were me id check on her daily and only water when she starts to wilt from no water (leaves will droop like deflated balloon).

Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Thank you for the response. Yes I have just let it be. I may just throw it out because I'm already packed in there but I just can't bring myself to kill it. Would you recommend foliar spraying at all with aloe/silica, or a kelp/alfalfa? Or just walk away for a day lol! I've looked thru some or your stuff journals and was wondering if these pots would be ok ina 5 foot tall tent. I know most say 15 gallon minimum but My wife will freak if she she's a bigger pot being brought inside lol.

8. [​IMG]
    I pulled the one that was looking bad. I wanted to see the soil so I knew how bad it was. I ended up putting 6-10 handfuls of perlite into the pot it's airier now. But the other ones have got to be just barely pushing into that soil with how dense it is. Again this is a learning process I could of read for three more months and still probably would of put in a third of everything still.

9. You should have let that plant live. 1/3 peat, ewc, and perlite is standard issue around here. I only use 25% aeration w/ no issues. It can't be nute burn since the only dry amendment used was lime. Flushing would be a horrible mistake.

You can read and ask questions all day long, it's no substitute for experience, which is what you are acquiring right now. This is most likely a watering issue.

I wasn't paying attention and just underwatered plants just a lil bigger than yours a couple days ago. I figure it will cost me a week bringing them back around.

When you transplant from a Solo cup to a larger container it can be a bit deceiving the first few days. Two or three days after transplant the pot may feel heavy and not in need of water. Ive found that regardless of this, they like a lil drink around the base of the stalk, not much just a shot glass or two.
    RD

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Should have left it even if you plan to toss it eventually just to see if you could have saved it. BTW what kind of pots are you using and do they have proper drainage or are they the type that has a small reservoir on the bottom?

re 15g pots: get some fabric 15g pots you can sneak those in easier as they come folded ;)

11. Ya I think I was good on my mixture of base. I did amend the mix that's part of the final pot. If that makes sense. Yes I'm gaining valuable experience and it is overwatering. Which it was too much reading because when I transplanted it felt too dry almost so I was scared it would repel water. Overthinking, impatience and not asking for help

12. They are those plastic sips that are on chunks article that he found someone throwing out idk if it was him or someone else. They seem good so I can bottom water. Top dress and foliar it in was my plan, for feeding.I've read for so long it seems so jumbled together so just doing it seems easier. Idk if I should of loaded the bottom with more perlite on the bottom, it's not coarse though. I can get some lava rock when we go stay a night at LaQuinta i just have to break it down. Can you swing a hammer lol

13. #13 MidwestMover, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah if it’s a sip style pot I would definitely line the bottom couple of inches with perlite or lava rock or similar to keep the soil out of the standing water.