Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

On my GRIND!(er)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by TheKindBud, Dec 4, 2009.

1. how often do you use your grinder? do you grind all your bud? or only the bud you will be putting through a joint,blunt, etc.
    I grind up my bud before putting in my bowl but my buddy says its overkill and I should just break it up with my hand.
    what do you do?!

2. I always grind my bud if I have my grinder with me. I have a kief catching space case and pollen press so I like to get as much kief as possible to make little hash pucks.

3. Whenever possible. You really don't know how much you appreciate the grinder until you don't have it.

4. I use mine all the time. I heard breaking up weed by hand decreases the potency because the trichs rub off onto your finger..thats why your fingers get sticky when you breaking it up.
    but ehh i could be wrong.

5. No your completely right. But if you have a grinder that isn't 100% covered in trichs already your going to loose just as many crystals with a grinder. Not that its really a significant amount but it's something to consider.

6. Oh-so true.

I love my grinder. There isn't really anything else more important in my "arsenal" of smoking. I love my pipes, can't live without my dugout, but the grinder is just perfect. Not only does ground bud pack and smoke better, but the ability to collect the kief that accumulates is amazing. I will clean out my grinder once every few months with an iso wash, and can accumulate anywhere from .2-.5g worth of kief/hash (depending on how long i let it dry).

There really isn't anything better than a nice grinder.

but hey... I'm bias I guess.

7. Pressed kief is NOT hash, i realize this is a very minor point but i figured i would point it out, this being seasoned tokers and all.

8. grinders are a must have, makes breaking your weed stealthy and speedy, it has a chamber for keif or extra bud if you want. I almost always use a grinder unless I'm only breaking a very small amount or am picking the little remaining buds off the stem.

9. Happened to me today man. I was with my boy rolling a joint in an alley and we didn't have our grinders...

Boy do I hate bidding with my fingers.

10. i really only use it for joints, blunts, and big bowls. gotta love that kief build up

11. #11 Bonkers420, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2009

Yes it is. Dry sieve aka (kief, trichomes) when pressed become hash. There are plenty of ways to make hash and pressing the heads of resin glands is one way to do it. Anyone else agree with me?

O yea also, using a heat source such as a blow dryer while pressing will help the trichomes meld together

12. I've been getting some pretty dry bud lately (still pretty good though) so it breaks up real easily, so I don't grind it. but when I get some sticky, or a little damp bud, or some fresh hydro, I love my grinder. I wish I used my grinder more for the dry stuff, cause I love keif. but it will just burn way too fast if I do that.

13. i came up on a grinder the other day while blazing at a park. damn i love it. probably a 30 dollar grinder i use all the time now. especailly when making edibles

14. I used to grind all of my bud and keep some in a tupperware container and some in a pillbox I had but now I normally grind a gram or two and when I finish that I'll grind some more.

15. Always grind it up!

16. I agree with bonkers, its definitely hash. You can even make it in your shoe while your walking around!

17. eva since i got one, ive never looked back. i'll even have friends who are about to break it up w/ their fingas and im like "wait wait wait! use this.".

18. i have a shitty grinder, but i still use it.

if i'm with a friend who has a grinder, i will use his. it's just so much nicer when its been through a grinder. especially for joints or blunts.

19. i don't know what brand my grinder is, but i don't know what i'd do without it. Stainless steel with the strongest magnet i've felt on any grinder. Its huge too (could seriously crack the shit out of someones skull). When I wrap my hand around it, i barely cover half the diameter (which is a good 4-5 inches). I mainly bought it for when I make brownies, but still use it in any smoking situation. I swear this shit is the perfect grinder. It grinds it up to the perfect consistency. Never over does it, even with dry bud. Also, the fact that its heavy duty makes it easy to grind even if you're grinding up a couple grams at once. The only thing that sucks about having a grinder this big, its difficult to do iso washes.

Anyway, breaking down bud is always going to result in losing thc because it rubs off. Its just that when you have a grinder, it stays in there opposed to staying on the tip of your fingers.

20. Depends on the bud and what i'm smoking. Blunts and joints = ALWAAAYS! Bowl about half of the time and i usually just stuff a nug in the bottom for my bong, so nothing pulls through, and ground bud goes on top. My grinder is definitely one of my most useful toker tools.